Chapter 2

They sat in the same place for a good few hours, sometimes in silence, sometimes they spoke. Thankfully they had similar interests, and after getting over the Fall Out Boy vs All Time Low bump, they both agreed that actually Blink-182 and Greenday were the kings and how they both worshipped them. It started to snow gently at one point, and Luke pulled Michael closer to him to stop him getting cold. Also Luke liked Michael being near him, it sorta felt, right.

They sat in silence as they watched the snow fall, and it felt essentially magical, being surrounded with snow, just together, and though they were both cold, neither cared because they had each other for warmth. But maybe Luke was thinking too far forward, after all, they've known each other a day, Michael would probably be a little creeped out if he knew what Luke was thinking.

The snow only fell for a few minutes, before stopping again, leaving just the cold air that swirled around them and left them both cold, and though they talked for a little longer, Luke thought it was getting too cold as the sun was starting to fall away too early as usual.

Luke chose when to leave, standing up abruptly, and then pulling Michael up as well. In the time spent they'd talked about bands and whether cats or dogs were better (another disagreement) and how much both of them hated Christmas. "Where'd you live?" Luke asked as he took a cigarette out his pocket, along with his lighter and he saw Michael wrinkle his nose in disgust,"Sadly, it's not a metaphor, Michael, um what's your middle name?"

"G-Gordon, I h-hate my middle n-name t-t-though," Michael replied, blushing red, and Luke internally awed at how fucking cute Michael was.

"Yes, well it's not a metaphor, Michael Gordon," and Luke lit the cigarette, breathing in gently, holding it for a second before breathing back out, making sure to turn away from Michael as they walked. Luke didn't want him to get into this habit, because it fucking sucked, and he didn't want to affect other people with it, just himself.

"I-I just live a c-couple of streets a-away," Michael muttered, and Luke nodded, deciding to gently take Michael's hand, intertwining there fingers, and Michael turned and looked at their now joined hands and then up at Luke, and Luke smiled cheekily.

"Have I told you that you're stutter is really fucking adorable, that you are the embodiment of cute?" Luke said

"M-my st-stutter is f-fucking awful," Michael muttered angrily,"I h-hate it."

"Yeah, well I like it, okay?" Luke replied, softly squeezing Michael's hand.

Michael shrugged,"O-okay," Michael replied,"I n-never thought'd I'd be q-q-quoting so much of The F-Fault in Our Stars w-when I w-w-went out this m-morning," and Luke saw Michael cringe at how much he had stuttered, and Luke couldn't help but feel a little sorry for him, it must suck to want to speak but not know how it's gonna come out, he had noticed it was a little better on shorter sentences, or when he's talking about something passionately, maybe Luke could try and help Michael get better or something, because he could see how much he hated his stutter, though he really didn't know much about speech impediments.

Michael lead them to a large complex full of flats, different compared to Luke's apartment, which had two floors to itself and there were only 2 or 3 different apartments per building. But hey, not everyone's rich, Luke can except that.

Luke stubbed out his cigarette, chucking it in a bin just to make a good impression on Michael. He definitely liked Michael a little, he was a cool guy, and Luke wanted to get to know him better.

Luke and Michael stood in the elevator, Michael jabbing the button for his floor, and Luke got out his phone,"Hey Michael, what's your number?" Luke asked, to avoid any awkward elevator silence. Passing the his own phone to Michael, he started blush red, probably due to the fact that Luke had set his name as 'Michael Gordon Barakat' Luke had been tempted to make it 'Michael Gordon Hemmings' but that was probably a bit too forwards.

Michael gave Luke's phone back to him once he'd put his number in, and Luke sent him a text so Michael had his number, which he then started to add as a contact,"H-hey, L-Luke, w-what's your mid-middle name?" he asked.

Luke chuckled,"Robert, can I join your 'cool middle name' club now?" and Michael laughed quietly while typing. Once done he showed Luke his phone, which read 'Lucas Robert Stump' and Luke giggled slightly.

"I-I guessed L-Luke was sh-short for Lucas," Michael explained, and Luke nodded in confirmation, that Michael was indeed correct, so Michael grinned at him as the doors to the elevator opened and Michael and Luke walked over to Michael's door.

"Did you really choose number 420," Luke sighed, a small smile picking at his lips as he shook his head just s little, Michael was a fucking dork on top of it all.

"I w-wanted 69 b-but that's taken, y-you get a b-better view from up here a-anyway," Michael smirked,"Y-yes, I am the m-most mature p-p-person out there."

"You're an idiot," Luke laughed and Michael joined in laughing as well, and Luke realised how nice Michael's laughter was, soft and deep and loud, and Luke wished he could record it to put on repeat forever. But again he doesn't want to look like a creep. For a while they stood outside Michael's apart awkwardly, unsure of what to do next, so Luke spoke up again,"Thanks for the date, it was fun."

"D-d-date?" Michael asked, blushing bright red, and Luke loved it when he blushed, it was just so adorable.

"Well yeah, I'd call that a date, don't you think?" Luke smiled softly as Michael nodded,"Then thanks for the date," and swiftly Luke kissed Michael's cheek, and he saw Michael go an even brighter red than he had ever seen, before walking off and down the hallway,"Call or text me," he called back as he strode into the elevator, and as the doors closed he thought he heard Michael squeal slightly and damn how could one person be so fucking cute.

IMMA GO WRITE MY GEOGRAPHY ESSAY THATS DUE TODAY NOW L8R SK8RS