Chapter 19

Luke was awoken to Ashton shaking him gently, softly cooing his name, and Luke groaned softly, stretching upwards. For a brief moment after he'd woken up, he'd forgotten the things that had happened, but then it all came back at once, and Luke dragged Ashton, who had been standing above him, into a tight hug, pulling him off balance so Ash was now awkwardly on top of Luke.

"I hate him, I hate him so much," Luke whispered, his throat rough and dry as he spoke, but for once no tears came, just dry sobs that wracked Luke's chest.

After a while, Ashton pried Luke away though, sitting on the bed so he was opposite, a small frown upon his lips as he looked at him,"What happened Luke?" He asked, voice sympathetic and soft.

Luke sighed, shuffling around so he was sitting cross legged, only then realising he was still in his own clothes from before. Shaking his head, he cleared his throat, and spoke softly when explaining the events that happened.

"I don't know want to do Ash, I still love him so much, but I hate him too and it's too much," Luke finished off,"I miss him, but I feel I shouldn't. Everything is so conflicting Ash."

Ash nodded,"I know Lukey, I know," he cooed,"But Luke, why did you come here?" He added.

Luke shrugged, but sighed slightly,"Because, you know me, I always run away from my problems, I ran away from my parents and now I'm running away from Michael. I'm a coward, I know."

Ashton nodded, looking down at his lap for a few seconds, before looking back up at Luke,"Come on, we can go get breakfast, go to that small cafe, just like old times, and we can forget it all for a bit, yeah?" Ash suggested, to which Luke nodded smally, becuase part of him didn't want to forget about the boy with red hair whom he loved so much.

Still, Luke slowly got up from the bed, stretching upwards and yawning,"I'm just gonna change quickly," he murmured, reaching into his backpack and taking out the few clothes he had brought, which included another pair of jeans and two shirts.

Ashton looked over into Luke's practically empty bag, looking slightly confused,"Is that all you brought?" he asked.

Luke nodded as he brought his other shirt over his head and putting a clean one on,"I assumed I could just borrow from you or buy some stuff or something," he shrugged, changing trousers as well, and he had no problem changing in front of Ash, because they'd known each other too long to care about those types of things.

Once changed, Luke grabbed one of Ashton's plain gray beanies off the bedpost where they all hung, putting it on so he wouldn't have to deal with his hair today, and then he was ready to go.

While walking downstairs, Luke noticed the quietness around the house, which realistically was unusual for Ashton's home,"Where's Harry and Lauren?" he asked once they'd left the house, and it was only then that he remembered it was summer in Australia and he really wasn't dressed for the weather.

"Lucky for you there at friends houses for now, they'd be all over you otherwise," Ashton remarked,"I feel like the prefer you to me, I mean, they always go on 'when's Luke coming back' and 'I wanna see Luke' it's crazy man."

Luke raised his eyebrows slightly, turning from facing the floor to look at Ashton, who Luke now realised was quite a bit shorter than him. Not long ago they were pretty much the same height.

"Why didn't you tell me? I could've talked to them over Skype at least," Luke muttered in reply, facing back to the floor again.

Ashton sighed softly,"Because you know how kids are, they'd try and guilt trip you into coming back, and I wouldn't want that Luke, you were happier back in New York, I know that, I wouldn't want you to come back here where you're sadder again, especially not after some kids asking you to," he explained.

Luke nodded, and it made sense why Ashton always shooed his siblings away when Luke was on video call. Ocassionally he had ended it when they'd come in the room, then claiming the wifi had shut down or some bullshit, it all made sense now.

"Ash, I've always done what I've wanted, nothing people say will change that, you know that," Luke replied quietly. They were now walking along the seafront, the smell of salt from the sea and sand hitting Luke. People were already starting to arrive at the beach despite it being early still, and the air was warm, making Luke feel like he stuck out like a sore thumb wearing all black and a beanie, but he didn't have the energy mentally to care.

Ashton didn't say anything more, and together they walked into the little cafe, that was on the edge of the beach. A little bell rung as they entered the shop, and a sprightly old lady with rosy cheeks. She'd always been more plump in shape, but at the same time she gave the best hugs and was generally the nicest lady Luke had known.

Her and her husband both owned and ran the cafe, though Luke had never really met her husband, as he worked on the numbers and those kind of things for the cafe.

As the bell chimed above them, the classic bright voice sounded from the kitchen,"One second please!"

"Sure thing Mrs. Bywaters," Ashton called over, leaning against the glass counter which displayed various cakes and pastries.

"Good to see you again Ash," she replied cheerfully as she walked back into the room with a few plates of more homemade food,"And, oh Luke? Is that you? It's been so long, how have you been holding up?" She asked.

Luke shrugged slightly, looking up to face her,"Alright I suppose, just getting over a break up I guess," he replied quietly, but he saw Mrs. Bywater nodding her head, a sympathetic look on her face.

"Awh, baby, come here," she cooed, opening her arms, and Luke walked over to her, and she put her arms around him, and somehow the motherly hug made him feel a lot better than before.

Mrs. Bywater could never have any kids, and considering between the ages of eight and seventeen Luke and Ash had been visiting the cafe, she'd started treated them like her own, and always helped them with their troubles, from homework to how to come out to their parents. Part of Luke had always preferred her to his actual parents.

"Thanks," Luke whispered as he released himself from her, a small smile starting to play on his lips.

She nodded, smiling brightly as ever at him,"If it makes you feel any better, I saw a cute guy come in the other day, I thought that you'd really love him," she said gently.

Luke nodded sadly, looking back down at the floor,"Too bad I'm still in love."

I sleep so much im worried

Does anyone here watch Orange is the new Black because I need someone to fangirl about it with yh

Ooo thanks for 500 votes that's super rad and stuff wowzors I love y'all a lot

Okay Imma go now l8r sk8rs