Chapter 20

"I wanna go out tonight," Luke remarked. Him and Ash were sat in Ash's room, just watching some lame movie on Netflix to pass the time. Luke had been in Australia three days now, but that didn't dull his feelings towards Michael, in fact if anything it made him miss him more.

Ashton looked over at Luke, raising an eyebrow,"Out where?" he asked. So far Ash had been going soft and easy on Luke. This was his first real heartbreak, and Ashton didn't want to push him about anything on it, he knew how much heartbreaks hurt after all.

Luke shrugged, not looking at Ashton, but straight at the television instead,"Anywhere that I can get wasted," he replied quietly, and immediately he heard Ashton sigh,"Oh, shut up, when you and Jake broke up you were all over the place."

Ashton rolled his eyes,"We agreed not to bring that up Luke," he warned.

"Fuck off Ash," Luke muttered,"Just drop me off somewhere and pick me up a little later, if I'm that much of an inconvenience to you."

Ashton just sighed again shaking his head,"Don't be an ass mate, I'll come with you, seeing you'll probably accidentally murder someone some now if I leave you alone drunk."

Luke huffed, crossing his arms across his chest,"That was one time," he whined.

Ashton looked back from Luke to the television, speaking again, the pitch black room making the light from the TV light up his face,"Yeah well I want to stay with you, I don't want any drunk guys or girls hitting on you."

Luke sighed quietly, looking down from the tv to his hands,"That was how I met Michael though," he whispered under his breath, blinking back any of the stupid fucking tears that were prickling at the back of his eyes.

"And we saw how that turned out," Ashton replied, his voice stern in an almost parental way.

"Oh fuck off Ash," Luke muttered,"Let's just go okay, and try not to annoy me any more than you have or I will snap," Luke warned.

"Yeah yeah," Ash replied, pausing the movie,"But if you do anything stupid Im taking you straight home."

Luke rolled his eyes,"What ever dad," he replied, jumping out of bad and out the room, leading the way down the stairs and away from the house, ignoring the fact that he hadn't grabbed a jacket along the way and the cold air was sharp against his bare arms.

Thankfully, Ashton prepared as always, gave Luke a jacket when he walked out, shrugging on his own, and Luke grabbed it off him, annoyed that he had to be babied around like he was.

Both the boys jumped into the rusty-red pickup truck, and then trundled along to whichever pub of club Ashton chose, Luke didn't care as long as he could sit in a corner and get wasted in some way. He just wanted to forget Michael's name, even if only for a night.

Before long though, Ash had pulled up on the side of the road, shutting off the engine. There were shops, restaurants and all that lining up the streets, and both Ashton and Luke jumped out the car, shutting the doors, and Luke let Ash lead the way, even though he was pretty sure he knew where they were going.

Turning the corner, Luke took the lead. It was a small club, and the music was always a little quieter than the usual one. Still the music thrummed through Luke's body upon entrance, and people, desperate as ever where groping blindly at everything that moved.

Ashton moved in front of Luke though, batting away any occasional hand that slipped towards Luke, but Luke just glared at him,"I can take care of myself," he hissed at him, but Ashton didn't reply, just letting out a sigh which Luke only just heard.

They made it to the bar to the side, and Luke sat down at the only empty chair, Ashton standing beside him, leaning against the counter, and Luke immediately ordered shots.

One shot turned to a few, and then there were the beers and whatever else Luke had ordered, and Ashton just stood and watched with sad eyes as he chugged down each one, quickly every time.

Luke wasn't thinking at all anymore. He didn't want to think, not of Michael's perfect smile, or beautiful green eyes, or of his pretty red hair and the way his lips were so full and dark. He wanted to stop thinking about the way his stutter was so cute, and how he got embarrassed so often, and his blush which was just gorgeous, and now all Luke could hear in his head was michaelmichaelmichael.

Luke pressed his face into his hands, a dizziness washing over him, but when he closed his eyes all he saw was Michael, and his thoughts were nothing else apart from him and at this point he could only remember Michael's name and not his own.

Shakily, Luke took his phone out his pocket, opening up his texts from Michael, all against any judgement he would've had sober, reading each new one over, his eyes struggling to focus on the words on his bright screen, but Luke managed to read every one, he last one reading 'I miss you so fucking much. Please come back,' and Luke heard it in Michael's voice, as if he was there.

With trembling hands (and lots of typos) Luke typed something out, nothing in his mind was focusing on how he shouldn't, it would only make things worse, no his thoughts were just michaelmichaelmichael. Iloveyou. Michaelmichaelmichael.

So Luke sent a short message, he wanted to send something long and profound, but nothing came to mind in his drunken state, and he could tell Ashton was reading it over his shoulder, but he did nothing to swat him away.

Instead he just sent, 'I drink to forget your name, but instead I can't remember my own and you're the only thing I'm thinking about.'

Um yeah that just happened oops

I've never had a sip of alcohol except this one time when I was like 6 and I thought some vodka and tonic water was lemonade but then I only had a tiny bit so it didn't really count yeah basics I have no idea what I'm doing

Updated may be slow because I've started two new fics (they aren't published yet) and yeah it means that it'll be more work for me yadayada that's it tbh

I'm watching Dinner Date so l8r sk8r