Chapter 3

A few days later and Michael hadn't called Luke. Admittedly Luke hadn't called or tried to make contact with Michael in that time, so the blame was on both of them really. Though Luke had specifically told Michael to call him...

Luke sighed, half knowing what must be going through Michael's head of whether it's too early to call to oh shit what do I say to it looks like I've been ignoring him damn what the fuck do I do now. Of course, Luke personally didn't go through those insecurities, well not until now. It's weird the Michael could actually make him feel unsure about himself and his actions, and at the moment, Luke wasn't sure if that was a good or bad thing.

Luke sighed and grabbed his laptop, and clicking into Skype, to see if Ashton was online. Time zones made talking awkward, but if Luke was correct, it should be around 7am in Australia, and Ash could be awake now, and Luke really needed to talk to someone about this. That someone being Ash, considering Ash was Luke's only real friends. Of course Luke had the friends who he'd made in New York, but they're not the kind of people you go gossiping about boys to, plus Luke actually didn't know them that well anyway.

Once Skype finally loads, slow wifi sucks. Luke let out a small woop when he saw Ashton was online, and he instantly clicked to video call him. Of course he picks up straight away, and both of them scream in unison as their faces appear in the camera, and they each hug their laptops as if they were seeing each other in real life, oh the wonders of Skype.

"Luke, oh my god, I miss you buddy," and Luke giggled, because Ashton's Australian accent sounded so much stronger after being around Americans for a few months.

"Yeah, well I miss you more," Luke smirked, sticking his tongue out,"Did my Christmas presents arrive on time?" unlike some long distance friends or whatever, Luke and Ashton didn't talk everyday, instead waiting until there was lots of stories or important news so they'd have lots to talk about instead of just awkwardly being on Skype doing nothing for an hour, and they had decided that was what was best for them.

"Yeah, how fucking dare you get better presents for Harry and Lauren than me!" Ashton joked, and Luke laughed loudly,"But what the fuck Luke, how much effort did you put into mine, like seriously, I loved it!" and Luke shrugged, one year, when they became so close they may as well be brothers, they'd decided that neither should spend too much money for Christmas, setting a boundary of $25 and each year they gave each other creative presents that really came from the heart.

This year, Luke had given Ashton a CD, with a mixture of his favourite songs, songs that reminded Luke of Ashton, and every few songs Luke had recorded some sort of silly message. Lastly Luke had ended the playlist with a song Luke had wrote and recorded himself, he had named the song and CD 'Wherever You Are.'

"When I played yours I cried, is that weird, that's weird isn't it?" Luke laughed. Ashton had sent a DVD, which was literally just a two minute clip saying how great their friendship was, but Ashton had this way with words which made him so sincere, and well, Luke had played that clip a good 15 times. Ashton had also sent a battered pair of drumsticks, from when they had played their first show together at some pub, and Luke cherished them also, along with the memories they brought.

"Nah mate, it means you have emotions still," Ashton giggled, smiley widely and he had a smile that could end wars and stop world hunger, it was so bright and cheerful, and it could raise Luke's spirits in his worst days. Luke and Ashton chatted animatedly about the many stories each of them had, until finally Luke found an opening where he could talk about Michael.

"So I met a really cute guy the other day-" but Luke was instantly cut off by Ashton.

"LUCAS ROBERT HEMMINGS WHY DIDNT YOU TELL ME THIS INFORMATION SOONER YOU SON OF A BITCH!" and Luke laughed loudly, shaking his head as Ashton cleared his throat,"Sorry, I got excited, tell me everything about him."

"Well it's actually a pretty funny story, we met in a club, he asked for sex, I obviously declined," and Ash was laughing softly in the background at this, and he continued once he had finished laughing,"But we met again like 4 days ago, and well, he's the sweetest, cutest, little kitten of a guy out there. And he has red hair and pretends to be punk rock and oh god Ash what do I do?" Luke asked frantically, because He'd never really dated anyone, and he can't count Ashton as dating someone, for even when they'd been dating they had still acted as best friends and nothing more.

"Do you have his number?" Ash asked, and Luke nodded meekly,"Then call him, and put him in speaker so I can hear." and Luke groaned quietly, knowing that Ashton won't let him use any excuses now to note call him, so he grabbed his phone, selecting his ridiculously named contact, putting Michael on speaker.

It's rings a couple of times, before Michael picks up,"Hey Mikey," Luke said into the phone.

"H-hi Luke," Michael replied chirpily, his voice ringing out and Luke must admit he missed it.

"How are you?" Luke asked, and he looked up at Ashton who was grinning like an idiot. Well he is an idiot.

"G-g-good. S-sorry I di-didn't call, I didn't w-want to l-look thirsty," Michael explained, and Luke started laughing loudly, leaning back in his chair.

"I was thinking the same thing, don't worry Michael," Luke said after finishing laughing,"So, d'you wanna come over or something? My parents aren't home," Luke joked, his voice going low and seductive for the last line, and he saw Ashton have to move away from his laptop to laugh.

A few seconds silence, and Michael coughed awkwardly, before speaking up,"Y-y-yeah yeah, wha-whatever Luke, t-text me your address okay?" and Luke smiled to himself.

"Will do Mikey, see you then," Luke relied casually, and he ended the call with Michael, texting his address and turning back to Ashton,"Well, I gotta get ready, I'll talk to you soon, alright?"

"Okay Luke, don't have too much fun," and Ashton winked, making Luke laugh as Ashton ended the call, signing off. Luke shut down his laptop, quickly making sure every room was presentable at least, before popping some popcorn and setting it on the table in front of the sofa, and Luke put a horror movie he hadn't seen yet in the DVD player, turning off all the lights in the room and pulling down the blinds. Just a he had finished the last blind, Luke heard a knock at the door, signalling Michael had arrived, and Luke grinned to himself as he made his way to the door.

Lmao this is edited now because apparently I am blind to obvious mistakes im sorry

I'm probably gonna update again in like an hour yeah

I really like writing Ash and Lukes friendship tbh lmao

Dw Calum comes in soon, you may or may not like him so much though

I think I'm becoming more of a Calum girl I'm screaming

You should check out my 8tracks playlist, though it's nothing to do w/ this fic, but that'd be cool, the links on my profile so go ahead

I don't have much else to say so l8r sk8rs