Chapter 22

Luke's phone hadn't quite broken properly. In fact, miraculously the screen had only received a hairline crack to the top of the screen, meaning he still had no reason to get the IPhone 6. He didn't want to look like one of those guys who just throws money around and gets new phones for no reason, but he really wanted the new IPhone.

It was times like this Luke realised how spoilt he really was. They way he could just buy a new phone as he pleased, he could just buy anything he wanted, any time. He rarely thought about it when he bought his next meal, that people across the world are starving. Luke was fucking selfish, and though he kept reminding himself that, he always ended up forgetting.

Luke had forgotten how lucky he was with Michael. As the week was coming to a close, he realised how much he missed Michael. He'd always been there, someone to talk to about anything. Dumb conversations at 3am, serious things at 1pm, the occasional thought that got too deep at 9am, Michael was always there to share it with. They had a real connection, something that ran deeper than any friend Luke had had, including Ashton.

Yes, Luke loved Ashton as well, but it wasn't the same, Michael just had somethin more,this one thing extra which in the end just made him perfect. Luke didn't know what it was, but maybe that was love, to think everything was perfect without being able to pick out certain things.

To say Luke was now excited to get home was an understatement, he just wanted to find Michael and forgive him and kiss his stupid face. Luke knew he should still yell at him, for what he'd done and said, or rather didn't say in the case of not trying to stop Calum in his advances, and maybe he will, but part of Luke just wanted, no needed, to forgive and forget now. He was over it, pretty much at least.

There was that one night, where Luke woke up in tears, his breathing increasing rapidly as he cried. All Luke could think was that he hadn't been good enough, that he'll never be enough for anyone. That he was a crazy freak who needed help in some way, to get rid of his dumbass fear of sex.

It was starting to drive him crazy, thinking in circles in the middle of the night. Somehow Ash had heard him though and ran in. All Luke had needed then was comfort, and Ashton rocking him back and forth while whispering sweet little reassurances with Luke blabbered on about being a psycho until eventually got Luke asleep again.

Luke always kept his negative feelings in at the best of times, he wasn't used to displaying them, so when he had woken up the next morning, he felt confused to why there were dry tear stains on his cheek. When it came back to him, somehow he'd laughed it off, caging those thoughts away for a later day, for when he was alone and could scream out loud in his apartment.

Now Luke was sitting alone in the middle of the floor of Ashton's room, packing his things, as well as the new stuff he'd bought while there, because Luke's motto had always been 'there's no such thing as too many flannel-shirts'

There hadn't been much to pack, but Ashton was out dropping off Harry and Lauren and their own friends house across the city, meaning Luke was alone. Luke had always seen Ashton as the big brother type, and he'd always been treated like the little brother as friends. They'd laugh, they'd fight, they had secrets only each other knew about, they loved each other.

And it was stronger then any friendship Luke could think of, though it was never the same kind of love as a relationship. Something just felt, weird for them to be in a relationship together, it would just all be really odd. They were as close as friends could get, but would never be any more than that.

Missing Michael was one thing, but Ashton was another. Whereas Luke had been away from Michael for a week, he may not see Ashton in person for years again. Luke had missed Ash so much and to be leaving him again was heartbreaking. Luke wanted to take him back to New York, but Ash would never agree. He loved his family too much.

Luke heard the front door open and close again, indicating Ashton coming back, and Luke yelled down to him, telling him to come upstairs. Hearing the faint stomping up the stairs, not seconds later the door to the room opens and closes, and Ashton is sitting quietly beside Luke.

It's a somber atmosphere, one mostly of sadness, with Luke leaving once again. And with that thought, Ashton reached out, pulling Luke into his arms,"I'll miss you, you dumbass," Luke muttered into Ashton's shoulder, gripping onto him tight, part of him not wanting to let go.

Ashton sighed, though Luke was sure he must be smiling, at least a little. Ashton was always smiling,"No swearing," he whispered, though when Luke heard the tiny crack in Ashton's voice, he realised Ash wasn't smiling, but crying, and Luke held him closer, though he knew soon he'd have to let go again.

Funky filler chapter woo

So I finished Oitnb and that was amaze I NEED THE NEXT SEASON THOUGH THIS IS ALL TOO MUCH

I started Misfits though and it is 10/10 wow

Atm im having writers block like a lot, so yeah updates on other fics might take a while longer sozzles

I love you all a lot okay, l8r sk8rs