Chapter 1

Luke sat on the edge of the steps that lead to his apartment, watching the bustling street that lead towards the mall, a cigarette between his fingers, his hoodie sleeves pulled over his hands and hood pulled up, though the tips of his fingers were frozen, he was still warm inside.

He puffed out the smoke smoothly. It was a three days after Christmas, and many people were rushing towards the stores to get the sales. Luke had no interest in that, he was happy with the clothes and knick knacks he already had, and didn't need anything more at the time. Of course his family had given him everything he'd asked for. Luke comes from a rich family, and anything he wants he gets, getting them agree to let him move out to New York was a little more difficult, but it worked out well in the end, and Luke only had to deal with his family on Christmas, when they flew out to stay with him.

It was snowy now, though Luke had still not been lucky enough to see someone fall across the ice, which was disappointing to say the least, but what are you going to do. It was still cute to see little kids running along the streets, throwing snowballs and generally being happy. Luke wished to be carefree like that again, though he knew that could never happen. Oh the joys of adulthood.

Luke's family had came and gone, and he was back alone again, which suited him fine, he got irritable when having constant company, and though it was nice to see everyone, especially his two older brothers who still picked on him like he was 5 still, it was good to be alone and back in a routine again. It was also nice to be sleeping in a bed instead of the couch as well.

Slowly, Luke stood up, not before stubbing the cigarette and throwing it in the couple of centimetres snow, and then trotting down the steps, his boots crunching in the mixture of snow and ice. Personally, Luke preferred winter, not just because of the better Starbucks drinks, but skinny jeans became acceptable again as well as sweaters and beanies and all of Luke's favourite clothes which he just happened to be wearing all at once. Not that he didn't wear that during the summer, he was just glad he wasn't overheating and dying anymore.

Luke walked the opposite way to everyone else, against the stream as usual, he'd always been odd, out of the bunch. Luke liked weird music and wore different clothes and didn't have an microwave in his kitchen, and well, he wasn't the average person out there, maybe there were other people out there like him, but not many. He'd never met one.

Luke took out his phone, texting his best friend Ashton, who was still living in Australia. Luke could never get him to agree to move away from his family to live with him, so instead they texted and skyped and talked over the phone regularly, which was nearly as good as the real person, though his smile was never as bright over screens.

Luke smiled softly at the thought, Ashton had been his best friend throughout high school, they'd even dated at one point, and then, when Luke realised his actual sexuality, and Ashton helped him through that as well, though they broke up, they stayed best friends. Inseparable.

Stuck in thoughts of high school memories, Luke didn't think about where he was going, still staring at his phone, and he crashed into someone's chest. Surprised, he toppled backwards, and he would've fell back onto the concrete if strong arms hadn't weaved around his shoulders and waist, holding him up.

Dazed for a bit, Luke finally stood up properly again, dusting himself off and looking over at the stranger who saved him,"Thanks mate," he chuckled softly, looking up he realised that he'd seen this guy before,"Oh, it's you from that club, fancy that!"

"Y-yeah, so-sorry, I'll um get out your way n-n-now," the boy with unnaturally coloured hair stuttered, his face flushed nearly as red as his hair as he spoke, and Luke smiled softly.

"Hey, you seem cool, d'you mind hanging with me, I'm feeling lonely," one thing Luke had was confidence, he never didn't speak his mind, and he didn't feel nervous when asking things like what he just did, and Luke definitely liked that about himself.

The other man smiled, and nodded smally,"O-o-okay," and Luke could see him mentally slap himself for stuttering, so Luke put an arm casually around his shoulders, walking them the way Luke was originally going, the opposite to the other guy. Speaking of the other guy, Luke didn't know his name yet, so of course Luke asked though the other walked silently beside him.

"What's your name?" Luke asked brightly,"I'm Luke," he added.

"M-Michael," the red head, Michael, replied. Luke nodded, he liked that name, it suited him. Michael.

"And, Michael, who do you think is better, All Time Low or Fall Out Boy?" Luke asked, this was an important questions, one, to see if they actually knew those bands, two, to see if they agreed with Luke on which is better.

"O-obvious, All Time Low," Michael replied, though his eyes had lit up, and Luke could see that Michael really liked that band, making Luke smile.

"Nah, Fall Out Boy are just amazing like wow," Luke said, pushing open a gate to a small park, the metal cold on his fingers, and he breathed softly on them to warm them up again, not that it worked too well.

"U-um, no, w-what the fuck, I mean All T-Time Low's s-songs are a-amazing, like I can't p-p-pick a favourite, but just as a b-band just seem m-more, convicted, plus Jack is hot," Michael concluded, and he was smiling softly which made Luke smile as well.

"Well, though I agree with most of that, Fall Out Boys songs are better, even their newer stuff is just, perfect, so yeah, Fall Out Boy all the way," Luke smirked as Michael pouted slightly.

"S-suit yourself, more All T-time Low for me," Michael scoffed, crossing his arms. And Luke smiled, nodding a little, as he lead to a small area which was circled with trees, which branches were now completely bare, but Luke thought it was cute between the trees. Luke cleared a patch from the snow, though it was still damp, but Michael took off his coat, placing it on the ground for both of them.

"Very gentleman like," Luke commented, and Michael blushed bright red, sitting down beside Luke, now just in a long sleeved white sweater, and Luke thought he saw Michael shiver slightly,"C'mere, I don't want you getting sick cause of me," and Michael nodded, shuffling over to Luke, who put an arm around Michael's shoulders, and Michael gingerly rested his head on Luke's shoulder.

After a few minutes of content silence, Michael spoke up again, lifting his head from Luke's shoulder to look at him,"O-o-one other t-thing, I-I mean, s-seriously, w-who would you r-r-rather fuck, Jack Barakat," and Luke saw Michael visibly swoon, making him snicker to himself,"Or Patrick Stump?"

"Difficult question," and Luke pretended to think,"Gonna have to go with neither, considering asexual."

"S-s-shit, s-sorry," Michael muttered, mortified with himself and burying his head into his hands (which had sweater paws) in embarrassment, and Luke thought that was so adorable.

"Don't worry about it, babe," Luke replied, and Michael went an even brighter red. "Though Patrick Stump is definitely hotter."

I hope this fic is okay the first idk like ten chapters will just be cute things and stuff, but after that some more drama and stuff is gonna be added so yeah I'm excited for this tbh I really like writing this fic

So, what do you think, Fall Out Boy or All Time Low, me and my friend have this argument all the time tbh (I prefer Fob soz guys)

I nearly forgot to update today oops

I'll see you guys next week then, ily you're cool, l8r sk8rs