Chapter 24

Three days later and Luke was completely undecided, confused and frustrated. He was constantly on the edge of nearly texting Michael, but ducking out at the last minute, a weird anxiety filling himself that eventually he couldn't do it.

It'd been going on until late at night as well, and now when Luke looked over at the clock, he saw the time as little after 3am, and Luke hadn't moved from his couch, going between Netflix and Youtube for most of the night, his phone on Michael's contact the whole time.

It was a Saturday night, and Luke had heard people outside, along the streets, in a drunk haze yelling loud enough at each other for Luke to hear every word. They'd come and pass though without him thinking much of it though.

What Luke was not expecting however was a sharp, loud knocking on his door, which was incessant for a good minute. Luke slowly picked himself up, picking up an umbrella incase whoever was there was trying to rob him or something. You can never be too careful with drunk people.

Luke didn't want to not check it out however, incase whoever was out there resorted to smashing his window or something stupid to get in, so instead, Luke slowly crept over to his front door, umbrella clutched hard in hard as he slowly opened up the door, just peeking around the other side.

Take heard who it was before he saw though, a small voice mutter under his breath,"Oh sh-shit, I d-didn't expect you to ac-actually be here," and as Luke looked around the door, all suspicions were confirmed as he saw Michael in front of him, swaying slightly from where he stood, which also confirmed to Luke that he was drunk.

Luke shook his head slightly, looking across the street to see Michael must've been alone, so while Michael just stood there dazed, Luke sighed and dragged him in by his wrist, shutting a looking the door behind him and dropping the umbrella which he had been clutching onto the ground.

"This was not how I wanted us to be reunited," Luke muttered, though really he knew that if it had been in his own hands the two of them would've never seen each other again.

Luke flicked the lights on in his dark apartment, and he briefly heard Michael hiss at the bright light hat flooded around him, rubbing his eyes furiously. Michael then flopped onto the couch, and Luke sat down on the opposite side. And then an awkward silence ensued.

After a few moments, Luke quietly spoke up, though everything felt so cringy, Luke wished it was normal still, where they could talk for hours with ease, where did that go?

"So, what are you doing out so late?" He asked after a while, his voice quiet in the room where the tension was rapidly increasing with every second that passed where silence was the only thing to be noticed.

Michael shrugged slightly, staring down at the ground,"I d-don't know, I've b-been g-going out most n-n-nights g-getting wasted and all since you've l-left though," he mumbled, close to inaudible despite the extent of the quiet around them.

"Oh," Luke said in return, and the subject is dropped just like that, and Luke's not sure whether he supposed to bring up what's happened, whether to get angry or sad or what, or just to let that part go as well.

After a while of just sitting there, both ignoring each other's presences for their own conflicting thoughts which swarmed their minds to no help to sort out what to do with each other, Michael seemed to work out first, despite his slightly drunken mind, he spoke up first.

"Ya k-know, I'm so s-so so fucking sorry for what hap-happened, it was d-dumb and I let myself go and C-Calum's a d-douche, I realise that n-n-now, and yeah it was fucking st-stupid, the worst thing I could do," Michael ranted lowly, his voice slurred and wavering, but Luke knew he meant it all,"Forgive me?" he added finally, his voice cracking slightly.

Luke sighed, but nodded,"I forgive you, how could I not Mikey?" he said, a small smile on his lips, and Michael smiled, reaching over and pulling Luke into a tight hug, and Luke hugged him back.

"Thank you L-Luke," Michael whispered as they broke away, and Luke shrugged in response, he just couldn't see himself without Michael, he was like a necessity for him. It was weird but it worked.

Michael smiled, looking down at his hands, which were playing with sleeve of his sweater, and he spoke up again, his voice still extremely quiet, but Luke had gotten used to that before, he could always hear what was to be said,"C-can, can I k-kiss you?" he asked, his voice still sweet and gentle as ever, despite being slightly slurred.

Luke sighed however, shaking his head gently,"I just, I don't know yet Michael, about us being together in that way, I love you, but I'm just not sure, if that's okay?" Luke just didn't know whether it was right to be together, whether they could work in that way still, if he could really trust Michael. He just wasn't decided yet.

"It's okay," Michael replied, his voice soft and reassuring,"I'll wait, I don't mind."

Hello kids

I've started writing the sequel to this im super excite

Also I'm super I'll write no which has put my motivation to write down to zero so updates are taking a little longer soz, it is half term tho so that's one thing

I have to go out with the family pray for me l8r sk8rs