Chapter Seven ✘ One Man Show

"When all the roads you took came back to me,
So I'm following the map that leads to you."
Maps - Maroon 5

"Aren't you staying?" The girl beside me asks softly as I slide off the bed, leaning over to grab my pants and underwear from the floor

I hold back a sigh, and look back at her. She's very much naked, her upper body still coated with sweat from the fuck session we just had. What's her name again? Lisa?

"Look, um.. Lisa," I say, clearing my throat. Her face immediately darkens, and that's when I know I'd messed up her name.

"It's Lena." She grunts, sitting up and wrapping the duvet around herself, shielding herself from me as if she hadn't been naked under me just a few minutes ago.

"Right, sorry." I mutter, pulling on my clothes. "You knew how the whole shebang works before we did it. Yeah?"

"Yeah." Lena replies, almost in disappointment, and she looks away like she's suddenly ashamed. Fuck's sake.

"We had a good time. You're great." I throw a wink in her direction, and her face immediately lights up, and she smiles seductively at me, biting her lip. "But I gotta go."

"Okay. I'll call you?" She asks, as I gather my things and pull on my shoes.

"Yeah, totally." I say, throwing her another grin and heading out the door before she can say anything else.

As soon as the door clicks shut behind me, I heave out a sigh. This isn't a rare occurrence, chicks wanting to cuddle and hangout more after sex. But I always make my intentions clear before doing it with them - that it's just a hookup. No strings attached. There are some girls that don't expect shit, and leave as soon as we're done or let's me go no questions asked, but occasionally there is that one girl who thinks she can be the 'one' to change me.

Unfortunately for them, I'm not planning on settling down anytime soon. Jace Parker is going to be a one man show for the foreseeable future.

My phone pings in my pocket, and I draw it out to find a text from Ty.

Ty: dude, don't forget, party at zeta phi

Me: I'll b there in 10.

•             •            •

"Man, she ended you." Brian snickers behind me, as I stare speechlessly after the blonde who's walking out of the kitchen, her friends following her. 

I tighten my jaw, throwing a glare at Brian. "Shut up, Jensen."

My friends go back to pouring themselves more booze, but my head clouds with the blonde that I just encountered. She's smoking hot, a lean curvy body, gorgeous tanned skin and luscious blonde hair. Not to mention the ass on her, and fuck, that outfit. I noticed a few tattoos as well, but I couldn't exactly make out what they were. But she has a fiery mouth to match. No girl has ever rejected me like that before, as cliché as it sounds. CSU is full of jersey chasers, even a glance in their direction is enough.