Chapter Thirty Two ✘ Baywatch

"If he tries to control me he's finished, won't be crying there's plenty of fishes."
Smile — Maisie Peters

"Feeling up for a bonfire on the beach tonight?"

"Who's asking?" I look at Bella, who's typing something back on her phone. I heave a sigh of relief as I kick off my soccer shoes, my feet numb from the hectic practice we just had.

It's been about a week and a half since my injury, and I've slowly been getting back into practice, and today was my first proper day back on the field since the fall.

"Micah. It's not a huge thing apparently, just the basketball team and a few more people. A bonfire and some night surfing."

My eyes perk up immediately at that. I love surfing during the day and there's no better feeling than seeing the horizon and the glinting waves under the sun, but surfing at night is an ethereal feeling, especially when there's a full moon and a sky of stars.

Bella laughs seeing my interest. "I take it Jordyn's in, Faith?"

"You know I am." She grins, before grabbing both of our wrists and whisking us away to our bedrooms to get ready, Mocha barking at our feet and following along happily.

Forty five minutes later, we've decided on our swimsuits, and I'm stepping out of the bathroom after putting on mine. Smiling cheekily to myself knowing the reaction I'm going to get from my best friends, I walk into Bella's bedroom where we're getting ready.

Faith immediately notices me entering, and does a full on double take, eyes widening like saucers.

"Jordyn, you hot piece of ass!"

Bella swirls around at Faith's comment, and immediately flies out of the chair, gaping at me.

"Where did you get this? I've never seen it before?" She demands, walking around me and inspecting the showy suit.

I look down at the one piece swimsuit, inspecting the way the black fabric of it sits against my skin and it looks like it's tattooed on to me, blending with the ink already on my body.

It definitely shows more skin than it covers, with a halter neck and a plunge neckline, with criss cross straps covering my boobs just slightly, and spreading across my stomach. It's backless too, showing off the devil horns on my shoulder blades.

"I think I picked it up one day when I was walking around the mall looking for food bowls for Mocha awhile ago." I recall, slipping off my hair tie and letting my blonde hair fall down my shoulders.

"It looks fucking amazing on you." Bella admires, giving my butt a pinch. "Jace is going to die."

"Seriously, I cannot fathom how you guys haven't fucked yet. It seems like something that's fated to happen." Faith adds absentmindedly, studying her own swimsuit, a cute triangle shaped pink bikini set, in the mirror.