Chapter Fourteen ✘ Poseidon's Offspring

"I wanna run wild in the middle of the night
Right under the moon,
bodies glowing in the night."
Dancing In The Dark — Rihanna

The sand under my toes feels like molten lava, but I try to ignore my feet burning off as I trudge across the beach, dragging my surfboard with me.

I come to a halt near the blanket Faith and Bella are laying on, slathered head to toe in sunscreen, their own boards next to them. I stick my board in the stand, making it stay upright as I give it a once over. It's been my board for a few years now, and I love it more than anything. Plain white, with aqua blue swirls running from the top to the bottom that look like ink drifting through water.

Bella's is a neon blue with pink detailing, and Faith's is a gradient shades of white blending into a cream colour. We've had these boards since high school, so of course we lugged it with us across the country when we moved here.

"Jords, reapply my sunscreen?" Faith tosses the big bottle of sunscreen at me, and I catch it, settling down cross legged on the blanket next to her as she flops on to her stomach.

Squirting the thick white cream on to my hands, I rub it all over Faith's back, giving her butt a pinch, making her squeal. I laugh, turning my head towards Bella when I don't see hear her say anything.

She's sitting up, looking all around us like she's looking for something. Frowning, I finish rubbing sunscreen on Faith and rub the remaining cream in my hands.

"Bella?" I ask, quirking a brow at her. "What are you looking for?"

Bella's eyes meet mine, her expression smoothing out innocently. I scowl at her, because I know that face. She's hiding something.

"Bella." I try again. "What did you do?"

She opens her mouth to respond, but she clamps her mouth shut when she spots something behind me.

"Hey guys!" Micah's voice rings, and I turn to see Jace, Micah, Ty and Kai approaching us, all four of them shirtless and in swimming trunks, surfboards tucked under their arms.

With them walking towards us, the wind ruffling through their hair with surfboards, tall and tattooed incredibly attractive guys drawing in the attention of every female in a ten mile radius, it looks like a scene from Baywatch.

My gaze snaps back to Bella. "You invited them? And didn't tell us?"

Bella pouts pleadingly. "I knew you'd say no because of Jace!"

I'm about to bite back at her, but the boys are already standing right over us. Throwing Bella one last I'll get you later look, I return my attention back to the guys.

"Oh, hey guys," Faith pulls off her sunglasses, squinting at them. "Didn't know you guys were coming?"

"You didn't tell them?" Micah asks Bella, who gets to her feet to hug him hello.

Bella shrugs innocently. "Forgot to mention it."

"Forgot to mention—" I start, but Faith shuts me up by tugging on my ponytail.

"You guys surf?" Faith changes the subject, scooting over to make room for them. Kai and Ty plop down on the blanket, Micah already sitting down on Bella's and pulling her on to his lap and nuzzling her neck.