Chapter One ✘ The Real World

"If you like to do the things,
You know that we shouldn't do,
Then baby, I'm perfect."
Perfect - One Direction

I never thought I'd be saying this, but I hate my best friends

"Ugh, get in already!" I groan, scowling at the two of them who are prancing around my car like I'm not baking like a brownie in the driver's seat. The sun is beating down on me mercilessly, the usual weather for Florida, no surprise there. I just want to get going already, we've been at this since early morning. Our parents and siblings had taken a good two-three hours to say goodbye to us.

"Can you have a little patience, Jordyn?" Bella huffs, circling the car. Her brown hair whips against my face from the wind as she slips past me to the back seat.

"No." I stick my tongue out at her playfully as Faith, the third member of our trio shoves another bag of hers to the backseat, nearly knocking Bella over.

"Faith!" Bella squeals, and Faith flashes her innocent smile in apology.

"Get in, bitch." I tell Faith, and she finally climbs into the passenger seat.

"Please tie your hair up, I don't want to eat your hair when I'm driving, as soft and nice smelling as it is." I comment, picking up a strand of her silky golden blonde hair and tugging at it. Faith laughs, obliging, pulling up her hair into a ponytail. I reach over and push a button, and the roof of my cherry red Audi convertible folds back.

"I can't believe we're finally heading off to college." Bella breathes as I start the car. "And CSU at that. In Long Beach!"

"We worked hard for it." I shrug, and pull into the street, slipping my sunglasses on to my face.

Bella, Faith and I have dreamed of joining California State University in Long Beach ever since we were kids. The three of us met during soccer practice in middle school, and were inseparable since. It's a miracle that we're as close as we were, because the three of us are polar opposites.

Bella is part Latina, part Filipino, and she's the flirt, the vixen out of the three of us. Her long brown hair, light brown skin, and almond shaped hazel eyes has the ability to bring any boy to his knees.

Faith is the princess, and she looks like the epitome of innocence, the total opposite to me and Bella with her honey golden hair, bright blue eyes, pouty lips, soft voice and her love for the color pink. Boys love the innocent, blue eyed princess vibe she has to her.

Me, on the other hand, I'm usually the root of bad ideas that landed the three of us in trouble all the time growing up, which resulted in me getting the title of the 'wild' one of our trio. I'm the one that usually bites back to anyone who tries to play around with either of us, and I don't back down from a fight, but most of the time, I'm dragged away by Faith and Bella before I'm able to properly get my hands on anyone.