Chapter Twenty Four ✘ Marine Vampire

"It's okay to want me, 'cause I want you, been thinkin' it over, but I'm through."
Like I Would — ZAYN

A/N: references for jordyn's outfit & their halloween makeup and costumes is attached at the top! ^

"Holy shit, Jordyn." Thalia gapes at me, her eyes widening as I step out of the bathroom, doing a small twirl for her, Faith and Bella.

"That good?" I ask, smoothing out the soft material of the dress over my thighs, looking at my friends for approval.

Faith puts down the mascara wand she's in the middle of using on Bella and throws me a look. "Are you kidding me? All the other girls, us included, shouldn't even bother going to the party in the first place when you show up wearing that."

"You look great, Jords." Bella smiles, tossing a curled strand of hair off her shoulder. "Jace will be tripping over his own jaw on the floor."

I crinkle my nose. "Shut up."

"Listen girl, I'm the last person that would encourage you to be with a dude," Thalia laughs. "But you two are incredibly attractive together. And that's coming from a bisexual."

Grinning, I wave her off, before turning towards the lifesized mirror and looking at my outfit. The dress I'd picked out with Faith and Bella a few days ago when we went shopping for Halloween outfits is a bold, black bodycon dress that rests against the top of my thighs, showcasing my legs proudly.

The scoop neckline drops down in between my boobs, showing the swells of my cleavage, and there's a cut out on the left side of the dress, running from right under my arm to my thigh where the dress ends, held together by thin straps and revealing a strip of my bare skin. It's an eye catching dress, the midnight black colour of it contrasting sharply against the blonde of my hair.

A dark smidge of thought rises in the back of my head, and before I can stop myself, I look at the mirror again, studying my hips, my stomach. The rising panicky feeling subsides as quickly as it came and I exhale deeply, closing my eyes for a moment.

"Jordyn? Makeup?" Thalia's voice grabs my attention and I turn, looking at her properly since I stepped out of the bathroom.

My eyes take in her outfit, the little red glittery dress that barely reaches past her upper thighs and the devil horns perched on her thick black hair. A curl of attraction spins inside me and I smile lightly down at her.

"You look great." I say, licking my lips and raising my eyebrows appreciatively.

Thalia blinks, catching onto my subtle attempt at a flirt, before returning a seductive smile. "Thanks babe."

Giving her another toothy grin, I plop down on the chair in front of my mirror, patiently waiting for Thalia to get started on my Halloween makeup.
She'd already shown me her reference when we went shopping, a ghoulish fallen angel kind of theme, which I like.

I glance at Bella and Faith through the mirror, where they're seated on my bed with Faith finishing off Bella's zombie makeup, which she completed with a navy green mini dress and white eye contacts. Faith is dressed as a sexy version of Elsa from Frozen, a sparkly light blue wrap-around dress and white strappy stilettos, her hair done in Elsa's signature french braid.