Chapter Twenty Eight ✘ Missing In Action

"Love it when you make me feel like you don't mind when I ain't got time for you."
Ring — Cardi B & Kehlani

 "Strawberry or lemon?" Malia calls out, and I look towards her, standing behind our kitchen counter from my spot on the sofa

"Strawberry." I answer, hauling to my feet and approaching her. Malia took up the responsibility of whipping all of us Mojito's when she, Maya and Thalia crashed our place a few hours ago, demanding a girl's night.

Mocha runs around my feet as I stand next to Malia, peering down into the big jug of Mojito she's in the midst of mixing up.

I dip my finger into the cool liquid, bringing it up to my mouth to taste it, smacking my lips when the strong rum taste coats my tongue. "Oof. Strong."

Malia grins at me, pushing her luscious curls off her forehead. "Perfect, then."

Shaking my head in amusement, I help her pour the alcohol into glasses and carry them out to the living room, where everyone's gathered on the couch, gawking at an episode of The Witcher.

"They don't make men like Henry Caville anymore." Maya sighs, throwing a fry in her mouth as her twin passes around the drinks.

"Why do you care?" Thalia laughs. "You're into girls."

"Fair." Maya grins, and the rest of us chuckle at her.

Malia, Maya and Thalia have grown closer to Faith, Bella and me over the past few weeks, we've bonded over soccer and simply by spending so much time together. Ever since I was young, it's always been just Bella and Faith with me, so it's a nice change to have three new faces.

Not to mention that they're an absolute blast to hang out with.

"Cheers guys." Bella lifts her glass and we all clink ours together, before taking a drink.

"Ugh," Malia cringes as she sets her glass down, licking her lips. "I'm still reeling from the taste of alcohol after the Halloween party."

"You had way too much." Thalia rolls her eyes, laughing. "I'd be nauseous for weeks if that was me."

"That party was something else." Faith adds in, reaching over to the plate of fries on the coffee table. "Crazy."

"Remember when that guy took off his shirt and proposed to April?" Bella widens her eyes in amusement, laughing as she recalls. "Were you guys there?"

"Yeah, I remember." Thalia agrees. "Loser."

"What guy?" I ask curiously, glancing down at my drink, swirling it around the glass. When I get no response and everyone goes dead silent, I look up to see all of them staring blankly at me.

"What?" I clear my throat, cocking my head questioningly.

Bella sets down her drink, eyes narrowing slightly at me. "Where were you?"