Chapter Ten ✘ Monthly Expense Of WhiteClaw

"When I'm gone, you say you want me near
You look me in the eyes,
Say that we will stay for life."
All The Lies - The Vamps

The on-campus Starbucks is always bustling, and today is no different

The on-campus Starbucks is always bustling, and today is no different. I'm at the cashier, grabbing my usual drink of a peanut butter protein smoothie, leaning against the counter waiting to pay.

My eyes wander around the room, first going to a guy who's cramming over some textbook, gulping down a huge iced coffee with whipped cream. I yearn to be able to drink something like that, but Coach has put me and the boys on a strict diet. Nothing that's not healthy may pass our mouths.

Looking away from Coffee Dude, a giggle of laughter draws my attention to where my friends and the other bunch of girls are sitting at. Micah has his arm around the brunette, Bella. Kai is animatedly talking to the fairy-like blonde with blue eyes, Faith. The twins are pouring over a phone with Thalia and Ty. My eyes finally go to Jordyn, who's sitting in the window seat, arms crossed over her chest, her head resting against the back of the booth. Her eyes are closed, and her breaths are slow.

The sunlight streaking through the floor to ceiling windows is making her hair look like waves of gold, pulled up into a messy bun that has no business looking so good on her.

She's a fucking sight to see. Too bad she's a bitch.

If that mouth of hers didn't exist, I would've bagged that by now.

This is so fucking annoying.

I don't even know why it is, but it just is. Why am I getting all bothered because of a random freshman?

Letting out a huff, I divert my attention back to the cashier, who's now handing me my drink. I pass over the cash, and shoot her a smile of thanks before sauntering over to the table. I can't help but purposely slam my wallet down on the marble countertop rather loudly as I take a seat, waking Jordyn up with a start. From the corner of my eye, I can see her scowling at me. I hide my grin by taking a gulp of my shake.

Annoying her is fucking fun.

"What are we talking about?" I chirp, looking over to the rest of the group.

"Body count." Bella rolls her eyes, giving Micah a side eye.

I chuckle. "Micah's body count is longer than our monthly expense of WhiteClaw. And trust me, we drink that shit alot."

Micah snorts in response. "As if you're not a fucking human bunny. He fucks like it's his religion."

I throw him the middle finger playfully, grinning.