Chapter Thirty Six ✘ Lethal In Red

"I'll captivate, you're hypnotized, feel powerful but it's me again."
Middle Of The Night — Elley Duhè

"Hey Jordyn, mind if I ask you an odd favor?" Kai's voice chirps through my phone as I balance it between my cheek and shoulder, rummaging through the fridge for strawberries.

"Kai, I won't check your butt out again. Your glute workouts are effective, trust me." I chuckle, crinkling my nose when I realize we're out of strawberries.

Taking my phone into my hands, I put Kai on speakerphone before shooting off a quick text to Bella and Faith, who are out shopping for makeup for the ball, to get strawberries on the way back.

"Shut up, it was one time!" Kai whines, but I can hear the humor in his voice. "Anyways, pluck my eyebrows for the ball, please? Mine look like caterpillars."

I burst out laughing, startling Mocha who's fast asleep on the couch. "Sure, Kai. Only if you promise not to screech like a banshee during."

"Deal."

"Fine." I say, settling on the couch next to Mocha.

"Great, I was hoping you'd agree because I'm downstairs right now. Let me up."

"Kai, you freak," I groan, smothering fits of laughter as I walk over to the intercom to buzz him up.

Seconds later, the door swings open, revealing a grinning Kai holding a box that's wrapped in red with a silver ribbon.

"You didn't have to get me a gift to pluck your brows. I prefer cash." I tease, letting him in.

Mocha immediately zooms off of the couch and greets Kai, licking at his shoes. Kai drops the box into the counter and picks Mocha up, nuzzling her head.

"Oh, that's not from me. Jace wanted me to give it to you."

My brows furrow as I glance at the box. "Jace?"

"Yeah, open it when I'm gone, though. I've got practice in abit so I'm on a slight time crunch." Kai throws me his charming grin, and I roll my eyes, giving in.

I get my tweezers, and he lays down on the couch, me hovering over his head. Just like I expected, he wails like a baby every time I pluck out a hair.

"Jesus. You have biceps the size of my head but tweezers get you screaming, you men really are fragile." I snort, putting away the tweezers and admiring my work.

Kai sits up, rubbing at his finely done brows. "I can't even argue with that. That shit hurts."

"Beauty is pain, babe. Speaking of, you have freakishly nice skin."

He grins, nodding. "That's what happens when you have a Thai mother. Constantly fed me fruits and shit when I was a kid and now my skin feels like a baby's butt."

"Kudos to your mom, then."

Kai laughs, nodding, looking away when his phone beeps. "Fuck, I'm late."

He gets to his feet, tickles Mocha's ears and slaps a kiss on my cheek as he walks past. "Thanks for the eyebrows, Rivers! I'll text you!"