Chapter 12

Jennie sighed as she stared at herself through the body length mirror propped in one of the corners of her dimly lit room. She felt her leg started healing gradually, the pain wasn't as bad as before, but it still hurt every time she would try to walk or run her fingers over the ugly blue-ish mark on her skin. There was still a long way to go until it would get back to normal.

She limped as she tried to make her way back to the bed, using the furniture along the way to steady herself and releave some of the pressure put on her wound. When she reached the soft silk sheets she immediately landed her butt on them and let another sigh. Walking was a struggle. Opening the night stand, she pulled out a small white tube covered in light blue letters - a medicine her mom gave the night before after she told her what had occurred earlier - and hissed when the cold gel-like substance touched the burning painful patch of skin.

Jennie hoped she would be able to reach Lisa later without getting too hurt or ending up falling on her face and embarrassing herself in front of her crush, worsening the condition of her leg along the way. She didn't really feel like telling the girl about her condition yet in fear to not worry her unnecessary. It would probably heal soon anyways, she thought.

After successfully getting herself dressed, of course not without some difficulties and a few curse words accompanying, she slowly and carefully made her way downstairs for a quick lunch before heading out, telling her mother she would meet with Jisoo for the rest of the day after spending most of Saturday morning between the sheets, soundly sleeping after having a tough sleepless night.

Many scenarios went through her head as she drove the car towards the lake. Her hands slightly shook from the nervousness that came with the thought of talking to Lisa for the first time after the conversation they held after her confection. Would Lisa still reject her? Was if she had changed her mind and decided to give them a chance? Was Jennie ready to accept and brake Chaeyoung's heart?

The blonde was, without a doubt, going to hate her. Her own girlfriend was lying to her for weeks, doing things behind her back she certainly wouldn't like, like falling in love with someone else while she was still deluded that their relationship was on its way to soon flourish. The disappointment and disgust in Chaeyoung's eyes Jennie was expecting to see turned her stomach upside down, making her want to turn around the car and not get involved with Lisa ever again, to forget every good memory they had created and the stack of wild emotions flowing through her body every time she was reminded of the tall beauty.

But the thought of not being in Lisa's warm embrace, inhaling her amazing scent and absorbing her warmth, mindlessly talking about anything in the world and laughing about the most random things, staring at her shining eyes and kissing her soft lips ever again for the rest of her life was worse than anything she had imagined before.

Both of them were such a big and important part of Jennie's life that she couldn't take losing any of them, even more both. Why love had to be so complicated? She thought.

The brunette finally parked the car once she reached the familiar place. She got out carefully, groaning in slightly pain when she stepped on a small stone and twisted her foot slightly, but continued bravely ahead nonetheless, helping herself by placing her hands on the trees around her for at least some type of support. Once she stepped a foot on the coast she gulped down the pain and walked slowly toward the dock, trying not to limp or make any weird expressions that could hint that something was indeed wrong.

Lisa was at her place, sitting calmly, a frown painted on her pretty eyebrows and her eyes screaming unusual sadness as they stared blankly ahead, Jennie noticed once she carefully took the space next to her. She missed her beautiful smile already. The girl didn't even mind her presence. Her fingers were locked in a tight embrace in her lap, one of her nails lightly scratching on her skin, while her feet were swinging unevenly above the water.