Chapter 2

Ignoring her parents' curious stares and questions about the sadness written all over her face, Chaeyoung immediately ran up to her room once she got back home from school. She lied down on the fluffy pillows covering her bed and started at the pure white ceiling above her head.

Jisoo was right. It's been months since she and Jennie started dating and their relationship had never been like any other normal one. Chaeyoung knew it would be hard, but she still got herself involved with the older girl. Now they both were taking the consequences of it. She was aware of her sexuality and of her parents' opinions on that topic. She told herself she wouldn't get herself involved with anyone yet, at least not until she was sure their opinions wouldn't affect her life and future even in the slightest.

But one day her feelings for Jennie Kim appeared out of no where and changed everything. The brunette quickly stole her heart and along the way, Chaeyoung threw all her promises away and gave herself to the girl, not realizing what she had done to herself.

It was a mistake.

Not a mistake that she loved Jennie, but a mistake that she put the girl she loved in such uncomfortable and hard situation. They were too in love, thinking that the desired relationship would make them happy and contented with each other. But alas, it didn't happen exactly that way.

Chaeyoung knew she couldn't give Jennie a normal relationship like what the girl wanted, but she still dived into her, taking the brunette along, until she got in the deep, too deep that there was no turning back. Letting her go wasn't one of her plans, she couldn't do it. Dooming Jennie to such commitment, which she would be better off without, wasn't any better. But risking her family didn't work too.

In both situations she would lose someone important for her, someone who played a big role in her life. She hated that she made those promises to herself, but forgot about them immediately after Jennie appeared in her life. Was there even a way to fix this? Was there a solution for them?

Chaeyoung sighed and pulled out her phone, searching for specific contact who she knew could help her take the right decision. As she read through the long list of names, her eyes stopped on a particular one. Jennie. She hadn't seen her since she ran away earlier after spitting the biggest lie she could ever utter.

Where did she go? Was she okay? Should she call her? Was she home already? Questions immediately flooded her head. She tried to keep the brunette away from her mind as much as possible the whole day and not let herself overthink things. But now that she had a certain angelic face back in her head, she couldn't help but get worried.

Chaeyoung took a deep breath as she hovered her finger above the familiar letters, contemplating if she should try to contact her. Eventually at some point later she had her phone pressed against her ear, waiting to hear her voice, but all that came out from the device was an annoying beeping sound - indication that she couldn't be reached. Jennie had her phone turned off.

Chaeyoung took it as a sign that she wasn't ready to talk to anyone yet so she dropped the call and dialed the number she originally intended to find. It didn't take long for Jisoo's voice to boom through the speaker.

"Hey, how are you? Is everything okay?" she asked.

"Yes, I'm fine. I was just wondering if you have heard from Jennie yet. Did she call you?" Chaeyoung bit her lip in anticipation.

"Um, no. I haven't. I tried calling her earlier tho, but her phone is off. It looks like she really doesn't want to be found"

"Yeah" the blonde sadly said. She just hoped Jennie wasn't too mad at her.

"Don't worry. I know she'll be fine. She's probably in the park or in a café alone or something. She won't do anything dangerous" They fell silent for a few seconds. "Sooo, did you think about what I said in school? Any progress?"