Chapter 17

'I love you, Lisa'

'I love you, Lisa'

'I love you, Lisa'

Jennie loved her. She wanted her. Even tho she knew her darkest secret, Jennie still felt the same. Nothing changed. She wasn't scared. She loved her. There wasn't an ounce of fear in her eyes. Not an ounce of hatred. How did she do it when Lisa herself was scared of it, hated it?

Lisa had always blamed herself for what had happened that night. It was her fault. Her parents warned her it was dangerous. She didn't listen. She never did. She needed to go, wanted to go to that specific competition. She kept insisting until her parents gave in. And all that because of a girl. A stupid crush. She was going to be there. Watching. Observing. Lisa wanted to show off. To impress her. To delude herself she could make her feel the same. Even the sight of the girl holding one of her many boyfriends' hands didn't stop her from trying.

Now look where it brought her. Her parents were dead. Her sister was dead. She was dead. Was she this desperate to feel loved? She was. That's was the truth. She had always been. Even tho they always praised her for her talent, Lisa's parents never actually loved her. She felt alone. Only her sister was the one to show interest in her. She was her best friend. Her favorite person. The one she trusted with her life. Lisa loved her with her whole heart. She loved her parents also tho, and that hurt.

But her desperation for more ruined everything. She ruined everything. She was trapped in this dark scary place. She couldn't get away from her fears, from the memories, from the guilt. The lake reminded her what she did every day for the part ten years. That's why she stayed there. She didn't want to forget. Her desperation for love led her to the compete lack of it. To losing completely even the slight amount she already had. Lisa did a mistake and she regretted It deeply.

But did she really? Was it even that bad as she always tried to make it look like? Yes, because she lost her life along with her family. And no, because those ten years gave her time to think. To show her that being too desperate for something is never good. That she had to be thankful for the small things she had. She finally realized it now when she didn't have love at all, when she didn't have anyone anymore.

But if she didn't take that wrong decision, she wouldn't have Jennie with her now. Yes, maybe it wasn't that bad after all. Who would have thought that after loosing everything she would find it again in her afterlife? Her everything. Jennie. The person who she could hear 'I love you' from once again. Genuine. Real.

'I love you, Lisa'

It rang through her head like a sweet melody. How good it was to finally hear it after a decade. How good was to finally have someone next to you after so long. Lisa had someone to love again. And someone to love her back. Real love. She could feel it radiating from Jennie's body. She saw it in her bright eyes which stared back at hers so adoringly, so lovingly. She had never had someone look at her that way before. How good it felt.

Lisa stared back at her. Tears swelled in her deep brown eyes. Plump lips trembled. Someone loved her. She brought her hand up slowly and touched Jennie's cheek tenderly. Goosebumps appeared all over the brunette's body from this simple touch. It was enough to make the breath hitch in her throat. Lisa's thumb gently ran over her skin. She put her other hand on the opposite cheek, trapping her head in between and slowly brought her lips to her forehead.

"I was so scared that you'll hate me if you knew" Lisa whispered against her skin and pulled away enough to be able to look back in her eyes. "I can't believe you are still with me. Thank you for staying"

"Of course I'll stay, Lisa" Jennie gave her a small reassuring smile. "You asked me how I took it so fast?" the girl nodded.

"Well, I didn't. Actually, I spent five whole days mostly locked in my room, crying, after I found out. I was scared to believe it. But I had to because so many things about you made sense. I finally understood you. So I tried to get it through my head and let myself believe. I can't say I wasn't terrified at first, but I never once felt any bad feeling towards you. I get why you couldn't tell me"