Chapter 3

After having a long night last night, Jennie grogily got up from the bed and threw on the first pieces of clothing she got her hands onto. Looked like staying up late and thinking about a person you didn't even know really affected your sleep. She felt more tired in the morning than she felt last night.

Walking to the bathroom, she splashed her face with a good amount of cold water - a few times - so she could wake up faster. After finishing the rest of her morning routine, she grabbed her backpack and headed downstairs for breakfast.

Her mother had already set the table as every other morning. Jennie put her stuff on the chair next to hers and sat down. Grabbing her utensils, she quickly dug in. Her stomach was growling like an angry dog since she missed dinner last night.

The silence on the table was not anything less than awkward. Non of them said anything and she also didn't bother starting a conversation. If she did, her mom may start asking questions. If she asked questions, Jennie was scared that she wouldn't be able to stop herself telling the truth about Chaeyoung and her. She couldn't yet, not until she talked to her girlfriend first.

Sadly for her, the silence was broken by her mother a few minutes later.

"So, how is school going?" she asked cheerfully, trying to break the tension.

"It's great" Jennie answered shortly and took a bite.

"Anything new?"

Jennie shook her head. "Not really, no. But these days I will be going to Chaeyoung's to help her study for the exams so I may come home later than usual. Don't worry about it" she quickly explained.

"Oh, Chaeyoung? How's she? I haven't seen her in a while" her mother said with a smile on her face.

Jennie's mom clearly liked the blonde a lot. She had proven it throughout the years she and Jennie were friends. The thing was, she only knew them as that. The brunette didn't really know how she would react if she knew about the relationship they have been hiding for months. Would she approve of them?

"She's...doing great" Jennie gave her a quick smile.

Even tho she wasn't completely sure about her mom's opinion on the same sex couples, Jennie knew that she was pretty open minded about things, so she wasn't that much of a problem. The real obstacle was her father who she was far more scared of. There was no way he was going to approve of such thing. She had seen with her own eyes his behavior towards people like her - a story she did not want to remember.

The thing was that she tried to not care about what he thought. He had no right to dictate who she could love.

After finishing the rest of her breakfast in silence, she headed toward school. Looking through the windshield of her car, she noticed the same usually dark clouds in the sky. There haven't been any change in the weather for such a long time, just like there was no change in her dull life. She felt like she was going in an infinite loop every day - school, apology, fight, back home, sleep, repeat.

There wasn't anything new, anything exciting anymore. She was sick of it. Jennie needed something to bring her life back to normal again. To bring its colors back like when she was a kid.

Where did all the fun go?

She arrived at school a few minutes later and headed towards her locker. While she was putting her books inside, she heard a shift from behind her among the sea of voices in the hallway. Then she felt a sudden warmth radiate to her body. Someone was getting a little too close to her back and she wasn't going to have any of it. Just as she was about to turn around and beat up whoever dared to enter her personal space, she heard a soft voice.