Epilogue

Sun. Warmth. Love.

Things Jennie never felt in their whole and most powerful form before. It was so unusual now. The gray clouds no longer covered the sky above her, bright sunshine hit her skin for the first time ever and it filled her with an unfamiliar but pleasurable warmth. Her heart was the most alive it had ever been.

It was perfect.

Something really changed in last two months, after she finally found her escape and freedom from the darkness. She had never felt so carefree and happy before. It was amazing.

As she walked through the woods slowly, her skin searched for every ounce of sunlight they could catch between the thick and thin branches that let it in between them. It was so peaceful. The sounds of the bird songs coming from the tree crowns and squirrel's movement along the branches around her gave it an additional touch of calmness and safety. She wasn't scared of them anymore. They lived in a harmony now.

She stepped over the green pine needle covered soil and inhaled deeply the amazing scent it left in the air. She had never paid attention to how soothing it was for her senses. But she could now notice it and the importance in the small things she had.

Finally reaching her destination, Jennie halted her steps and looked around herself. It felt just like the first time she was here. It felt so long ago, so dark, so unhappy. Colorless even. Things changed tho. The place looked like something more than heaven now. The sunshine shone straight into the lake and let its clear azure waters shine brightly in the middle of the now bright green coast covered with silky trimmed grass, the silhouette of the far mountains stood proudly in the distance.

"Hey" she said softly, catching the attention of the person who stole her heart in more ways that she could ever imagine.

She ran short of breath when her eyes locked with the most beautiful brown orbs she had ever seen once the person acknowledged her presence and took a turn towards her.

"Hey" Lisa stretched her lips into her bright pretty smile that made Jennie's heart beat abnormally fast every time. Happiness looked great on her. Genuine happiness they found in each other.

"What are you doing?" Jennie asked, sliding next to Lisa at the end of the dock and joining her into her adventures.

"Watching, looking, observing - the usual. It's been over ten years now, but every time I lay my eyes there, it's like my first time all over again. Every time it has a new story to tell"

"It's full of memories. It's beautiful, yet ugly" Jennie commented.

For the naked eye, it would look like just a plain stone wall hidden in the shadows. But to Jennie and Lisa, this place held tons of stories untold. It was a memorial for their chained souls and hidden memories. It held more sentiment than anyone could ever imagine.

"It is special. Even more after I met you here. You really made it a bright and beautiful place, just like you did with my life" Lisa softly said and looked at Jennie, her eyes full of nothing but adoration and love towards the brunette.

"Stop being cheesy" Jennie nudged Lisa in the stomach softly after she felt the heat creep up to her cheeks under the girl's intense gaze and her sweet words that always left her heart in a puddle.

"I'm not being cheesy" Lisa moved closer and snaked her arm around Jennie's waist, pulling her closer and leaving a lingering kiss on her soft, red cheek. "I just want you to know how much you changed my life for better. How much you mean to me. How much I love you"

Jennie turned her head towards her and gazed back in the big doe eyes she adored so much. Only if Lisa knew how much she had changed Jennie's life also. For good. For bad. But always for the best. She couldn't complain about anything in her life anymore, as long as she had Lisa next to her.