Chapter 7

After the last bell rang, Jennie immediately dashed out of school without giving too much explanation to Chaeyoung and Jisoo and headed towards the lake. There was definitely a slight change in the way she looked and felt that place after she found out about everything earlier. She was a little more hesitant than before and now possessed a hint of fear in herself.

But she pushed aside the bad feelings and stepped on the gas pedal harder, trying to shorten her trip to the lake and meet up with Lisa as soon as possible. At least she hoped the girl would be there again judging by what she told her when they first talked. Jennie really wondered what was the thing that attracted and kept Lisa there for such long time, even in yesterday's freezing coldness and weak drizzle.

She parked the car on the usual place and made her way between the trees with a nervous step, continuously looking around herself in slight panic. She was thankful that the darkness still hadn't fallen down and the chances of her getting into the same situation as Mr. Lee were smaller as those events usually occured at night.

Her fear evaporated when her eyes landed on Lisa's figure sitting calmly on her usual place as she peeled a small tree branch innocently and watched the bark swim on the surface of the water.

"Hey, stranger!" Lisa greated Jennie the moment her ears caught the screeching of the wooden planks under the brunnete's feet.

"Hey, future friend" Jennie said back with a smile and slid in the empty space next to her.

"You really came back, huh?" Lisa said with a hint of humor in her voice.

"I told you that I will, and I did. I'm a person who keeps their promises" Jennie smiled at her. "I really, genuinely enjoyed your company last time. Coming back was a given already" they chuckled.

"Thank you. Not many people tell me that I'm a good company. I'm more of a quiet person and I would usually think they get bored or irritated when we spend time together because I'm just so...uninteresting"

Lisa felt a warm feeling in her heart at Jennie's words. Usually, most people would be scared to interact with a random stranger. But not her. She was different than the others, special. She was brave enough to walk up to Lisa, to talk to her and now even to try to befriend her.

She was willing to be her actual friend. But Lisa knew friends shared things and as thrilled as she was by the thought of having someone with her, she was also as equally scared. Jennie would probably ask questions Lisa wasn't ready to answer yet, not until she could trust her enough.

"In the long and comprehensive conversation we held yesterday I can say that you are not even an ounce boring or irritating. As you said, and as what I have observed for now, you are a more closed and quiet person and they probably just didn't have the right approach with you. They most probably didn't make you feel comfortable around them"

"Are you saying you do have the right approach then?" Lisa looked at her with a slight smirk. Jennie didn't say anything more, she just threw her a look and lifted one of her eyebrows in silent answer, which was enough for Lisa to understand.

"Of course you do" the girl chuckled.

"I made you talk to me, for hours. Made you smile and laugh. Made you comfortable enough to want to spend more time with me and be my friend. I do think I have the right approach" they laughed together and spent the next minute in silence.

"So...how was your day?" Lisa brought her legs up to her chest, now facing Jennie, and leaned her back on one of the small pillars supporting the dock behind her.

She didn't expect to get interested in the brunette so much after just one meeting. She wanted to know more about her. What was she like? What were her dreams? What were her favorite things, her firsts? Lisa hoped Jennie would keep her 'right approach' for long so they could spend as much time as possible together.