Chapter 8

Saturday night came faster than expected. Jennie was getting herself ready for the arranged date she had with Chaeyoung. Since they decided to be held at the blonde's house, the brunette thought that dressing up would not be necessary and went for a simple outfit - a white shirt tucked in a pair of light blue jeans. Nothing too formal, but comfortable enough for a stay at home.

Jennie's feelings have been really confusing since the day she told Lisa about her relationship problems. She didn't know what she actually wanted. She thought that the perfect scenario for her would be to make up with Chaeyoung and have everything go back to normal. But now...she wasn't so sure about this anymore. Jennie needed to take Lisa's advice into account.

'Listen to what she has to say. If she wants to continue your relationship, see if it changes the way you feel about it and you'll know what your heart wants for sure'

If Chaeyoung was trying to break up with her and that didn't panic Jennie, then the meaning of her real feelings would be pretty clear. But the blonde wouldn't do that. It didn't make sense. Why would she invite her girlfriend to a dinner date just to break up with her and then try to have a movie night together? At least Jennie was sure they wouldn't end things tonight. There was this feeling in her stomach that appeared with that thought, but she didn't know what it was.

After she was done putting her make up on, she took her jacket and drove through the quiet night streets of Deju towards Chaeyoung's house. Knocking on the front door, she was met with her girlfriend's happy face a couple of minutes later. Jennie stepped inside and was ingulfied by Chaeyoung in a tight warm hug. She circled her hands around her neck and buried her face in her hair, taking in her already familiar flowery scent the girl possessed.

"I hope you are in a mood to cook tonight" Chaeyoung broke the hug and pulled them into the big cozy kitchen.

"You know I'm always ready. I'm not a master chef for nothing" Jennie proudly said as she smirked. "So, got any preferences? What should we eat tonight?" she added.

"Well, I've been craving pasta for the past few days so we can go for it for tonight if you want. I just hope we won't burn the kitchen like the last time" Chaeyoung said and they laughed.

"Hey, you forgot the pan on the stove. It wasn't my fault" Jennie raised her hands in surrender.

"It was your fault that you left me with the cooking all alone" Chaeyoung jokingly said.

"Nature called, Chaeng!" Jennie crossed her hands over her chest and tried to look mad, even tho those moments were one of the best they had together.

"So, since we both agree that I'm bad in the kitchen, does that mean I get to watch you cook alone tonight?"

"Oh, no, no, no, Ms. Park. You asked me on a date so you are going to move that cute little ass of yours and help me here" Jennie held her hands and pulled them to the counter. "And it is preferable if you don't burn anything tonight" they laughed again and got to work.

Jennie couldn't say Chaeyoung was the best cook out there, but that was the thing that made their dates enjoyable. One of the best parts of the time they spent together was when they would both laugh as Chaeyoung failed yet another dish, confused ingredients or when she wasn't able to do something and Jennie had to show her the right way.

It was always a really fun time, especially when they added their favorite playlist playing in the background. Even tho pasta was relatively easy to make, the blonde still needed some guidance on some parts. Eventually, after a long 30 minutes fight they finally set the table with their warm homemade meal.

"Let's see what we have created" Chaeyoung stabbed piece of pasta with her fork and chewed on it. Her eyebrows furrowed almost immediately. "It tastes weird"