Chapter 6

Jennie walked around the noisy hallways of the school the next morning in search for her next class. Passing by the lockers she encountered Jisoo and Chaeyoung animatedly chatting about something seemingly funny. A small smile appeared on her lips as she made her way towards them and the moment she was close enough, the brunette took both of them in a sudden warm hug and nestled her head agains their shoulders comfortably.

"Wow, what is happening?" Jisoo questioned, surprised by Jennie's strange actions.

"Nothing, just hugging my two favorite people" Jennie answered. She placed a chaste kiss on Chaeyoung's neck and pulled away. She noticed the heat creeping up the blonde's cheeks.

"Suddenly you decide to be sweet? Did something happen? Do you want something from us?" Jisoo chuckled.

"Why do I have to want something from you to just hug you?" Jennie questioned and cutely and shook her head.

"Well, you don't really hug in public, you know. That seems like a big risk for you" Jisoo teased.

Jennie huffed. "I just realized how lucky I am to have both of you in my life, okay? I just want you to know it. I'm not telling you that enough.

Jisoo, you are always there when I need you with your witty advices and encouraging words and won't ever understand how your mind works, but I'm so thankful to have you.

And Chaeng, I know you are not a person of words, but the things you do for me - like even a simple hug - can made everything so much better. And your hot chocolate is a whole medicine agains any problem a person could have" They bursted in laughter.

Jennie made a move towards them again and took them into one more tight hug. "I love you, guys, so much" she said and wiggled their bodies left and right.

"Someone may think you are trying to strangle us to death, calm down" Jisoo laughed.

"We love you too, Jen" Chaeyoung sweetly said and hugged her back.

"We love you, Jendeukie" the raven haired added.

Their heartwarming moment was interrupted by the loud sound of the school bell that rang right above their heads. They groaned, pulled away from the hug and headed towards their first class - the one and only annoying and confusing math and the exam they sweated so much for last night. Well, it wasn't exactly for the math.

Even after the little make out session with Jennie the night before, which almost transitioned into something more, Chaeyoung was still able to prepare quite well for it. She hoped and prayed that she would pass it successfully.

Once they reached the room, they sat on their places and were given a sheet of paper to work on. Thankfully, Jennie knew most of the things she needed to write and danced happily in her head with the thought that she would most likely even ace it.

She glanced to her right to check up on Jisoo. The girl stared at her paper with confusion written in her eyes as she read the questions. She clearly had no clue about anything. Suddenly, her face lit up and a smile made its way on her lips. Jennie heard her quietly mumble 'I know this' to herself and saw her dive into the paper. But instead of writing an answer like what the brunette expected, Jisoo wrote her name on the 'name' column at the top of the paper.

Jennie was left confused, but not entirely surprised by any of it - she really didn't know how the girl's mind worked. Turning to the left next, she was met with a nervous Chaeyoung biting the tip of her pen. She was carefully observing the questions one by one and looking for an answer, her leg bouncing under her desk - a habit she probably took from Jennie.

"Chaeng!" the brunette whispered, gaining her attention. "You can do it, okay? Just calm down" she gave her a small encouraging smile.

Chaeyoung nodded her head and returned the gesture. But before she could turn her head back to the paper, she saw how Jennie looked her in the eyes and whispered an 'I love you'. That was then she knew she had to fight for her more than ever, to make her proud. The blonde turned back ahead with slight blush on her cheeks and determination in her eyes, now feeling confident in herself.