Chapter 15

"So, how have you been?" Jisoo asked immediately after she and Jennie met in a warm café, hidden from the December coldness.

The last time they saw each other was in the night of the big revelation. Since then Jennie totally disappeared from her radars and Jisoo grew worried sick about her and the fact that she couldn't contact her in any way. She had so many questions to ask.

"I can't say I've been good. I've been doing a lot of thinking and trying to comprehend everything. I'm sorry for disappearing like that. I just needed some time alone with myself" Jennie quickly explained. "Chae said that you both were so worried that when you couldn't contact me" she quietly said and played with her fingers under the table.

"Yeah, we called you, texted you, even came by your house to try and find out what happened with you but your mom said you wanted to be alone so we stopped trying to reach you. We just hoped you got better faster" Jisoo explained, her sad eyes never leaving the face of her friend.

However, a few seconds later a slight frown appeared on her face when what Jennie said downed in her mind. "Wait, you said you talked with Chaeyoung? When? Why didn't she tell me anything about it?" she asked confusedly.

Jennie lifted her eyes and looked at her sadly. "Two days ago. I realized that I can't live peacefully until I tell her the truth, the guilt about lying to her was eating me alive. She needed to know what I did"

"So now she knows about Lisa?" Jisoo's eyes widened in shock. She didn't think Jennie would tell her about this any time soon.

"I told her only how we met, how things progressed and about our feelings for each other. I didn't tell her about...you know. I just said that something happened and we can't be together. She still doesn't know, it would have been too much for her at once if I told her" Jennie explained as she went back to that day.

The image of Chaeyoung's crying face had been imprinted in her mind for the past couple of days. Every time she closed her eyes she would always see her bloodshot brown orbs, tears streaming down from them, the hurt on her face and the way she pronounced every word with voice full of sadness, disappointment and hurt. The image was there to remind her that she was the cause of it with her careless decisions.

"How did it go? Did she end things between the two of you?" Jisoo curiously asked.

Jennie shook her head. "I don't know, I really don't know where are we standing right now. She just told me to leave so I did. I don't know If I lost her forever too" the thought of that almost brought Jennie back to tears.

"Just give her a little time to think. She may forgive you, who knows. She may appreciate the fact that you decided to confess and not lie in her face" Jisoo said but the frown on Jennie's face only deepened.

"But I already did lie in her face. And if I wasn't such an idiot, there wouldn't be anything to confess in the first place. She doesn't have a reason to forgive me, I know she would never do" Jennie's voice rose from the frustration piling up in her body.

"This wouldn't have happened if I didn't give myself in on the things I felt for Lisa. Only if I had stopped seeing her when I realized what was happening... things might have been different. Now I lost both of them. I tried to blame Lisa for all this, but I'm more guilty of everything that happened" Jennie huffed and placed her face in her hands propped on top of the table.

Jisoo knew her friend got involved in a very confusing situation. Even tho their fights sometimes, Jennie and Chaeyoung have always loved and were happy with each other. Their relationship was never an easy one but just at the time when it finally had a real chance to bloom into something bigger and more real, Jennie gave in to the excitement of something new.