Chapter 9

It'd been about two weeks since Jennie last felt Lisa's rhythmic heartbeat so close to her own in the midst of their heated and probably inappropriate, but still comfortable hug. Two weeks since Jennie had her face buried in the crook of Lisa's soft skinned neck and had her senses invaded by the amazingly odd smell of fresh mint joined with a hint of ripe fruits that got stuck in her brain.

It'd been two weeks since Jennie first knew she started feeling different around Lisa and thought that time would somehow fix her helpless case. But it'd been just two hours since she realized that, as if it wasn't already obvious, time definitely wasn't her knight in shining armor who could save her from that. Her plan of staying away from Lisa until she could get her feelings and thoughts straight was a total fail on its own. She couldn't keep herself away from that place. From her.

She spent the past two weeks spending as much time as she could just talking, laughing and sharing anything on her mind with Lisa, who never could resist listening intently to all of her stories with such profound interest written in her doe eyes. The one part that Jennie hated, tho, was the fact that she had to come up with a fresh set of lies every single day and deceive her friends about her disappearances after school.

But sooner or later her games would unveil. It wouldn't be long until Chaeyoung and Jisoo would start getting suspicious and want actual answers to please their rising curiosity. Jennie couldn't hide for long, hide from the truth. She didn't know why she still kept Lisa a secret from them. Maybe it was a way for her to try and mask what was already obvious.

By trying to conceal her existence from them, from the outside of the small dreamy bubble she and Lisa had created together, she thought she could hide her own arising feelings which were getting more prominent day by day until she wasn't able to hide them from her herself anymore.

Jennie wasn't a stupidly blind girl to not know what was happening in her heart and mind every time she laid eyes on that beautiful face. Two weeks was all it took to fall for the perfect stranger despite still dating a particular blonde, despite making a promise to her to wait. Jennie knew that this was wrong, but she couldn't help the feelings who came and went on waves, just to bring another set of stronger and more intoxicating ones on the way.

Jennie was sure she loved Chaeyoung. The blonde was her first love, the first person who could ever make their way so close to her and steal her heart so easily. But maybe exactly that was the real source of her confusion and uncertainty of her real feelings towards Chaeyoung. That was her first taste of love and she didn't have any past experiences with which she could compare it.

Jennie certainly didn't know all the types of it she could experience in her life, or the type of love she was experiencing with Chaeyoung in the past few months. She didn't know if what she was feeling towards the tall blonde was strong and real, if there was something even more strong and real than that.

Until two hours ago when a ton of realizations invaded her pretty head so suddenly that she felt sick and dizzy for a moment, and she finally knew. She realized that her heart didn't belong in the same hands anymore. As fast as Chaeyoung was able to lure and lock it securely with her own, Lisa was able to somehow sneak herself between them and steal it expertly even faster than Jennie had imagined was humanly possible.

Jennie didn't know if it was possible to fall in love in such short amount of time or if she was experiencing just a slight, but exciting new crush that didn't let the memory of the slender figure, beautiful facial features and sweet soft voice of a particular girl escape her head and left her unwillingly daydreaming about everything they could have and experience together, along with a ton of wild butterflies twirling in her stomach.

But the one thing of all that she certainly knew was that, just as her suspicions were previously hinting her, whatever she was feeling towards Lisa was that 'even more' for her. Now that she was experiencing something new and exciting, Jennie knew the feelings she had for Chaeyoung couldn't even compare with the storm of emotions that was happening in her mind, body and heart every time a thought of Lisa would cross her mind.