Chapter 4

The tapping of Jennie's fingers on the wooden top of the desk was the only noise her ears caught. The moving of the clock arrow was the only thing her eyes saw. She observed the small thing as it slowly moved in the dial. There wasn't much time left until the bell for the end of the last class would strike.

Jennie had a whole plan in her head. She would dash out of the room, get in her car and drive to the lake. She would walk up to this person without a fear and would finally get the answers to all the questions that were stuck in her head since yesterday.

She looked up again toward the clock arrow. It almost hit 3.

10 seconds. Almost there.

8 seconds. Her leg slowed its bouncing.

5 seconds. Her eyes followed every movement of the arrow in anticipation.

1 second. Her whole body halted.

The stinging ring of the bell was finally heard around the school. She swiftly grabbed her bag and dashed out of the room just as she planned. Chaeyoung and Jisoo just looked at each other with confusion written in their eyes.

"Is the thing she has to do this ergent?" Jisoo asked as they walked out of the room.

Jennie ran through the yard of the school and towards her car. She threw her stuff on the back seat and sat at the front. Igniting the engine, she accelerated the car through the familiar route towards the lake.

Jennie tried to catch her breath. The tapping on her finger over the steering wheel was a clear indication that she slowly grew nervous. She probably looked like a complete freak sprinting out of the school building like that. But you can't blame her. She was dying in anticipation to meet the person. Was that considered as obsessive behavior? No, she was just curious. There was nothing wrong with being curious.

A few minutes later she was already driving through the abandoned road between the trees, her favorite playlist blasting through the speakers of her car in a desperate attempt to calm her from the concerning thoughts that started flooding her head.

Was what she was doing even safe? What if that person was a murderer? Human traficant? Drug dealer? Any other type of criminal. A bad person. Was she getting herself into a trap? Did they know she was there yesterday? Did they know she was coming again? Was it a man? A woman?

She knew her chances to escape from a big muscular man's grasp were almost zero. She was just small weak girl. But maybe if it was a woman she would have a chance to escape? Jennie prepared for the worst. She started forming an escape plan in her head just in case her fears were proven right.

Her innocent curiosity could very easily get her hurt.

Her heartbeat fastened it's pace when her eyes caught the already familiar '100m' rusty sign. She parked the car on the side of the road and walked through the woods. She could hear the loud thumping of her heart in her ears. What if they weren't even there? She would have came for nothing.

Jennie tried to look through the trees ahead of her, but her eyes couldn't really catch the sight of the stranger yet. She fastened her pace until she reached the coast again. Her sight was focused sorely on the end of the dock. And there they were, sitting at the same place, in the same pose, doing the same thing. Creepy.

She couldn't look away. Her eyes were like grued to the stranger's back. Fear and worry started flooding her body. She wanted to move further ahead and do what she came to do, but her mind was telling her otherwise - telling her that it wasn't a good idea. Tho her legs worked against her will and before she could realize what was happening, she was already stepping quietly towards the wooden platform.