Chapter 20

Throughout the time they have been friends, Jennie and Chaeyoung have many times talked about continuing their education together after graduation. Since they had pretty similar interests and future plans, they thought it would be great for them to take that step into the new chapter of their lives together with someone familiar and trusted to accompany them in the unknown big city.

They continued planning even after they started dating, but never finished it completely. There was still almost a year left until university started and they decided to give it a break for the meantime. Maybe it was a good thing after all because, given the circumstances they were in recently, it would have been a waste of time in planning and empty hopes for a good future together.

The thing Jennie remember them being the most excited about was when they both agreed on their own apartment nearby the university, one of the reasons being Chaeyoung having the tendency to oversleep in the morning and, of course, the big traffic jams.

Jennie wasn't sure if she still had a girlfriend at this point, she hadn't heard from Chaeyoung at all, but she still needed to use that to go against her dad.

"I'm not talking about you. I'm talking about me and my girlfriend" Jennie smirked elivy at her dad. She was sure he already knew what she was trying to do. She just hope she would be able to slip between his fingers and run away before he could let her know what the consequences for that act would be. She needed to stick to her plan.

"We've been talking about studying together for a while now and, as I said, we decided that we would live in an apartment for easier access to the university"

Jennie looked at her father again. She could see the furry in his eyes and his hands tightly closed in fists on the table, a single vain on his forehead peaking from under his red from anger skin and almost popping as he held himself from snapping in from of the Kims.

"What...what do you mean a girlfriend, sweetie? I don't understand, I..." Elizabeth's voice trailed off as she stared at Jennie in confusion, her eyes darting from her to her parents and back.

"I'm gay, Mrs. Kim. But how would you, or my parents know, when you just take decisions about me and my life without my consent. I have a girlfriend and I don't want that marriage. I have already made plans for myself and I don't plan on changing them just because you decided you want to use me for something that benefits only you" she spoke to everyone.

They all stared at her with eyes wide open, not being able to believe what they heard. Elizabeth turned to look at Jennie's father with confused expression. "Last night you called and said she was happy about the news. You also didn't say that she was a homosexual, nor that she was not available for marriage!" the woman strictly said.

"I-I just found out about that yesterday. I didn't tell you because the deal was already sealed and it's a great opportunity for all of us, I couldn't brake it. Also, I think if she spends some time with Kai and sees how things are with a man, she may change her mind about things, don't you think?" Mr. Kim said hopefully.

Elizabeth shook her head, maybe in disappointment, maybe in frustration. Her eyes were glaring at the man.

"I agreed to this deal because you told my husband your daughter would be happy about this, which clearly is not the case. As a woman, the thing I would hate the most is my right of opinion about things that directly affect me being taken away, just like what is happening with your daughter right now. I strongly disagree with what you have done here, Kim.

"If I knew the truth, I would never have agreed to this. Not only you are disrespecting her, you are also deciding on future that's not yours and making your own child do something against her will, you took her own voice. And don't even let me get started on the way you think you can dictate who she loves"