Chapter 3

Kreese's perspective

War. That's what this was. A full-blown war between Cobra Kai and Miyagi-Do. And in war, there are always casualties. Families are pitted against each other. Soldiers are injured. But as long as their side comes out on top, that is all that matters. Kreese knew he had the upper hand in this battle though. He had two more ruthless Cobra Kai senseis who would be arriving in the next couple of days, and Robby had promised him a lot of new hardened recruits. Oh, Robby. Kreese loved that student. He was more of a soldier than anyone he had seen in Vietnam. More of a Cobra than anyone he had ever taught. Johnny had come close, but he didn't have the killer instinct that Robby did. All of his Cobras now had that killer instinct. Robby, Tory, even Kyler was starting to develop it. After losing twice to Diaz, Kyler had finally gotten rid of any last hesitation, and he had dived right in with the Cobras. Their side of the battle was complete. It was now up to Miyagi Do to step up in time for the tournament...

Later that day, Cobra Kai training had begun, and Robby's recruits had arrived. Kreese had to say, he was impressed. Robby had really outdone himself this time, in a good way. These recruits were merciless, vicious, everything Kreese wanted in a Cobra. Leading the pack of former juvenile detention teenagers, next to Robby, was a colossal 18 year old named Shawn. He was 6'9, an absolute tank, with enormous muscles. Kreese saw a lot of potential in him, the same potential that his Army Captain had seen in him when Kreese was recruited to special ops in 'Nam. With the right training, Shawn could potentially rival Robby in fighting for the All Valley Championship. In fact, Kreese had four students whose only limit was the sky, and had the potential to be champions: Robby, Tory, Shawn and Kyler.

"There are two parts to the Cobra strike." Kreese instructed his new students and his old students later that day. "The lunge, and the bi..."

Kreese never got to finish his sentence because suddenly, the door to Cobra Kai swung open and in stepped two adults that Kreese never thought he'd see again in his lifetime. Kreese smiled his traditional evil grin and walked over to them. The teenagers were all confused. The adults were both decked in Cobra Kai gis, but not student ones - they were dressed like senseis. But who dared to step up to Kreese and take over as sensei?

"Cobras..." Kreese announced, as all of his soldiers stood at attention as stared at the men, confused. "I'd like to introduce you to your new senseis: Sensei Silver, and Sensei Barnes..."

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Miguel's Perspective

Over the next couple of weeks, Kreese's Cobra Kai was quiet. Too quiet. The Miyagi-Dos could tell the Cobras were up to something, but they didn't know what. After all, they rarely saw the Cobras at all - with Robby and Tory expelled from West Valley, Kyler was the only Cobra Kai leader who was in school, and even he knew better than to pick a fight against Sam, Miguel, Hawk, Demitri, Chris, Mitch and all of then others. He would be severely outnumbered and outmatched, even though Miguel was far from firing on all cylinders.

Miguel's training was going decently well. Over and above the group training sessions, Miguel was being given private 1 on 1 sessions with Johnny and with Daniel. Sure this seemed like a good thing on paper - being privately trained by two of the best senseis in the valley was an enviable position for any Karate student in the Valley - but it wasn't. Miguel felt like he was being pulled in two different directions - the Eagle-Fang karate methods and the Miyagi-Do methods. Of course, Miguel's loyalties lay with Johnny, but Daniel's methods had their moments too. He felt like the rivalry between Daniel and Johnny was far from over, but had just been moved underground. He just hoped he wouldn't be pulled so far apart that he would begin to undo.