Chapter 38

"Man, I'm sorry. That was so unlucky. You deserved to win." Miguel said to Hawk after the fight, as they walked over to the water fountain. Hawk was pissed. He really wanted that win, and he was so close too.

"Dude, I was so close." Hawk groaned, punching the wall in frustration.

"Hey, if it's any consolation, you definitely helped me out! You've weakened him A LOT." Miguel stated. Hawk nodded.

"You better win now, Miguel!" Hawk exclaimed. Miguel chuckled.

"Yeah, I'll try." Miguel laughed, before seriousness taking over again. "All right, I think we gotta go."

Hawk nodded and they walked back to Johnny, Jimmy and Bobby, preparing for the finals. As they walked back, they spied all of Cobra Kai on the opposite side of the arena, all of them crowded around Robby. Miguel forced his eyes away from them and he joined his senseis.

Shortly after that, Miguel and Robby were finally called to the mat.

"LADIIIIESSSS AND GENTLEMENNNNN, ARE YOU READY FOR THE ALL-VALLEY FINAL?!" Ron exclaimed as he took his familiar place in between the two fighters. The whole arena cheered and clapped, eagerly awaiting the fight. 200 teenagers in the prelims had been cut down to 2.

It was an inevitable fight. Robby knew it. Miguel knew it. Johnny knew it. Kreese knew it. It was a fight that was coming from the day of last year's All-Valley.

"All right, folks! Hang onto your hats for this one! As I'm told, there is a lot of history and no love lost between these two! Diaz might have taken the All-Valley win in their fight last year, but less than three months later, Keene had his revenge when he took down Diaz in the brawl of West Valley High last year. Love triangles. Broken backs. Father issues. Everything that could possibly go wrong between the two has! Keene, do you have anything to say about Diaz before the fight?"

"All I have to say is that this guy is a dead man walking." Robby growled. "I'm gonna maul him. I'm gonna rip him limb from limb. For the past year, I have been in every single nightmare he's had, and when I'm through with him, he's gonna thank me one day in hell that I ended his life early and I spared him of 80 more years of nightmares."

Miguel almost snorted in laughter. He could tell from Robby's slightly shaky tone that this wasn't Robby talking; this was Kreese. Although the whole arena was looking at each other nervously, Miyagi-Do and Eagle-Fang especially, Miguel wasn't at all fazed.

"Diaz, any response?" Ron asked. Miguel chuckled.

"Look, man. He can talk and threaten me all he wants. Right now, I'm gonna teach him. I'm gonna humble him. And most importantly, I'm gonna walk out with the All-Valley trophy in my hands."

The crowd started cheering and making noise at this one. Almost the whole arena, bar the Cobra Kai supporters, were on his side. After a reluctant bow to each other, the two took a couple of steps back, raised their hands in fighting positions, and prepared to fight...

All of the anger. All of the hatred. All of the... envy Robby felt towards Miguel erupted inside him like a volcano. MIGUEL was the reason he had gone to juvie. MIGUEL had stolen Sam from him. Had stolen Johnny from him. The anger all came in useful, as he sent a flying side kick that connected with Miguel's side, knocking him over.

Miguel 0 - 1 Robby

Boos erupted through the arena and Miguel winced. He knew that the more Robby got booed, the angrier he would get, and the harder it would be to fight him. Miguel slowly got to his feet, but as he started to walk back towards his corner, Robby leaned in and whispered something in Miguel's ear.