Chapter 4

The next morning was Saturday, but it was anything but a day to sleep in. Miguel was rudely awakened at 5:30 in the morning by Johnny kicking the side of his bed, and they drove to Coyote Creek to meet up with the rest of the group for training. Johnny and Daniel had a combined special lesson plan in mind, and it would involve all of them pushing the limits as far as they could.

When they stepped out of the car, Miguel joined the group of exhausted students and a wide-awake Johnny joined a wide-awake Daniel at the front. Johnny wasn't tired at all. Hell, at this time, he was normally still in the bars. The students however were practically asleep again. In fact, Bert was fast asleep on the ground and Sam was dozing off on Miguel's shoulder.

"Sensei, why are we here?" Miguel mumbled, starting to fade himself.

"QUIETTTT!" Johnny bellowed, causing everyone asleep to jump in shock. "Listen up! This is going to be the hardest training of your lives, and you're not going to be able to do that if you're tired! How many of you are tired?!"

Pretty much everyone raised their hand. Johnny smirked.

"Okay. Follow me." He said. Confused, the group all hurried after Johnny and Daniel, still slightly blurry-eyed from sleep, and Johnny stopped them right beside the Creek.

"What are we doing?" Demitri slurred, his eyes closed and him in a daze, asleep but still standing.

"Line up. Close your eyes. Stand on one leg." Johnny demanded to everyone. The group reluctantly made a line and they all stood on a single leg, wobbling for balance as they were all still tired. Johnny stood opposite Miguel - who was on the far left of the group - and Daniel stood opposite Chris - who was on the far right. The two senseis grinned at each other.

"Ready?" Daniel asked Johnny. Johnny smirked and nodded.

"Hell, yeah." Johnny replied. With that, Johnny and Daniel pushed every single student into the frigid waters of the icy lake. The freezing cold, as well as the shock of being in there, caused them all to wake the hell up immediately.

"Oh, we should have asked them if they can all swim." Daniel remarked, worriedly, afterwards. Johnny raised an eyebrow.

"Nobody can't swim. Everyone can. They just need the right incentive, and drowning seems like a pretty good one to get legs working so they'll be fine."

Daniel looked at Johnny, incredulously.

"You can't be serious?!" He exclaimed. "You're insane, you know that?"

"Not as much as someone who believes that in fights, you should wait for the opponent to hit you." Johnny shot back. Daniel rolled his eyes at Johnny as the students slowly climbed out of the lake, absolutely freezing but wide-awake now.

"All right!" Johnny shouted. "Now, I ask again, how many of you are tired?"

No one raised their hand this time.

"Mr. L, can I go grab my jacket?" Demitri asked. "I have medically diagnosed thin skin and I..."

"QUIETTTTT!" Johnny bellowed, cutting him off. "You don't want to be cold? Tell your body not to be cold! I don't give a shit about your comfort!"

Demitri blushed and stepped back into the line of the students.

"Now, let's begin." Johnny said in a slightly quieter but still pretty loud voice. "We're in Coyote Creek today not to do the drill that we did in Cobra Kai last year. No! We are doing something different. A race."

"But not just any race." Daniel continued. "This race will yeah involve speed, but it will also involve strength, stamina, balance, agility, everything that you will need to be amazing at during the All-Valley."