Chapter 27

So I have gotten A LOT of messages across various different platforms (Wattpad, FFN, AO3) about Miguel's dad. They are all dissing my other story and begging me not to make the story unrealistic and to keep Miguel's dad a minor character. From the very beginning, when I was drawing out the plot, I wanted to keep Miguel's dad as a minor character. He will NOT be breaking out of jail, as many are asking about. I'm not going to disclose what kind of role he'll be playing in the story, but I can tell you that his gang is NOT involved. So for those of you who sent the 39 messages in the 24 hours that chapter was out for, CALM YOUR SHIT and stop spamming my inbox. It's honestly exhausting and disheartening.

If you have any other feedback for me other than trashing my other story and demanding about Miguel's dad, I am open to here it, but please if it is about Miguel's dad, shut the fuck up and don't send the message.

As for my harsh tone, in the wise words of my hero Conor McGregor "I want to take the chance to apologise... TO ABSOLUTELY NOBODY!" I'm sorry, but I write these stories for ME. If y'all have a problem with them, just don't read them. It takes WAY less effort for you to just close your tab, than it does for me to read all of the hate reviews and private messages I'm getting.

Anyways, with that being said, let's start the chapter...

For a couple of hours, Johnny and Daniel's dojos stayed completely separate. They were on opposite sides of the forest and they could barely hear each other from their respective camps. Daniel was fuming. He couldn't believe that Johnny was here, and he had roped in another one of Daniel's old bullies! As if one wasn't enough!

Daniel didn't say much that afternoon. He was sitting at the edge of the lake when he heard someone walk up beside him and sit down beside him. He looked up to see Julie, and she smiled at him sympathetically.

"Hey." She said gently. Daniel nodded at her.

"Hey." Daniel murmured.

"What exactly happened there? I've never seen you that fazed by anyone before." She stated. Daniel sighed and shook his head.

"I don't know, Julie. Those guys... they always bring out the worst in me." Daniel said. Julie nodded.

"Well, you know what Mr Miyagi would say if he was here. You need balance in your life." Julie said. Daniel looked down.

"I know, but it's kind of hard to do that when I've fucked up my entire life. My daughter, my dojo." Daniel said, putting his head in his hands. "I just feel like everything I do, when I train my students purely so they become soldiers to fight in this fucked up war we've started, it's like I'm spitting on Mr. Miyagi's grave. Karate is for defense only. That was Mr. Miaygi's one rule, and I'm breaking that by teaching these students how to win fights, rather than defend themselves. I started this whole karate rivalry thing in the valley. If I had just let Johnny teach his students in peace..."

"Then we'd have a Valley-full of Johnny's and based on the brief conversation I had with him, that's not a good thing." Julie said. "The Valley needs you to help keep balance, and you two need each other to keep balance with Kreese. And as for your relationship with your daughter, I've been talking to her a lot. She's a great kid. She'll come around eventually. It just takes time."

Daniel nodded and sighed.

"Yeah, I guess. I just want to fix things but I can't." Daniel murmured.

"Just show her you're there for her no matter what. Oh, and don't assault her boyfriends!"

Daniel blushed and Julie laughed.

"Yeah. Sam told me about that. What the hell were you thinking?!" She laughed. Daniel shook his head.