Chapter 16

CHAPTER 16

Golf club in hand, Miguel silently tiptoed through the laser tag arena, trying to sneak up on Cobras, but wary to make sure he wasn't snuck up on himself.

"Larusso! Miguel! You can't hide forever!" Miguel heard Tory's voice ring out through the arena. Thankfully, she sounded pretty far away, but that didn't mean that Robby and the others weren't close by themselves. However, Miguel's only lead that was seeing shadows and listening to people's voices to gauge distance was quickly taken away when a tenth Cobra had snuck into the laser tag arena's lights and sound room and cut off all of the lights in the arena, leaving it pitch black. In addition, Miguel's advantage of hearing where the Cobras were was completely gone when a deafeningly loud heavy metal song started blaring on the loudspeakers.

To hear the following song, click:

Or search, 'Vanity Big Terrible'

Now hear my throat, oh it's drying out

It's a sign that I'm breaking down

Finally, Miguel found his first Cobra. It was Rickenberger, and he was facing away from Miguel. One hard crack across his back with the golf club was enough to send the boy tumbling to the floor, unconscious. 1 down, 8 to go...

I see your hands saying hold, hold on please

But your eyes they can't lie to me

Oh my body aches at the sight of dawn

When you lie, in another's arms

Miguel's next Cobra he approached was an unfamiliar one, but the unfortunate thing was that they spotted each other at the same time, so Miguel's advantage of having the element of surprise was gone. However, Miguel used his fighting prowess to hit the boy a couple of times to the windpipe to prevent him from shouting to the other Cobras, and then choked him out with the golf club. 2 down, 7 to go...

I really hate this slow burn while you sleep all around

Oh let it out let it out

I really hate this slow burn while you sleep all around

Oh let it out let it out

As the blaring song on the speaker system swelled to its climax, Miguel turned a corner to see Tory glaring at him. Miguel was hesitant at this point. Him and Tory had dated. He had seen a vulnerable side of her. It would be an extremely low move for him to turn around and physically abuse her, despite what she had done to him and how much she still terrorised Sam. However, Miguel was quickly forced to defend himself as Tory lunged at him...

Did you catch his stare or just wait to see

If he'd try, and steal you from me

I hope I'm not mistaken, darling please I'm confused

But your pretty face has got me all mixed up and

I'm still loving you

Luckily, Miguel knew Tory well, so he knew exactly what he needed to do to defend himself. Tory was an extremely aggressive fighter, too much so that it could be used to his advantage. As she constantly swung at him with her arms, Miguel could tell her legs weren't stable on the ground. He clenched his jaw and swept Tory's leg, sending her stumbling to the ground and as her head hit the ground, she was knocked out cold. 3 down, 6 to go...

Oh I can't fake this, it's so hard not to choke

The quietest part of the song came at the perfect time for Miguel. It enabled him to hear two Cobras attempting to sneak up on him behind him, and he quickly spun around, kicking one so hard that it knocked him out right there, and then shoving the unconscious Cobra into his friend, causing them both to fall onto the floor and the unconscious body pinning the conscious guy to the ground, giving Miguel the easy opportunity to knock him out with a blow to the head. 5 down, 4 to go...