Chapter 30

So sorry. Just one more quick author's note, addressed to my good friend, gtCGO17.

You talk about wrestling bears being unrealistic. Sure it is something that you wouldn't do every day, but it is NOT impossible, and you need things like these to liven up the story, and the skills Miguel learned may pay him well later in the story. I never said he was wrestling a huge-ass 700 pound grizzly bear. I made sure to state the fact that the bear was not much bigger than him.

If you want proof that wrestling bears works and helps train you into a better fighter, read about Khabib Nurmagomedov. He is one of the best UFC fighters of all time (his record is 29-0). He has often said that he spent a lot of times wrestling bears when he was growing up, and that was what made him into the BEAST grappler he is today.

"All right. So what are we doing?" Miguel asked, as him, Sam, Demitri and Hawk sat in one of their school's music rooms the next day, ready to actually start their project. They didn't really have work for any other subject, and this was an extremely important summative as it would basically determine whether they would pass or fail the course, so they were all ready to work.

"I don't know." Hawk said, as him and Miguel tossed around a tennis ball. "Where do we even start this shit?"

"Okay, let's start with what instruments are we each gonna play?" Sam asked, taking charge as the stupid guys around her messed around. They all turned to her and paid attention.

"Um... I mean I guess I can play guitar okay. Really basic chords though." Miguel said.

"I'll play this." Hawk said, picking up maracas and shaking them. "Actually, Miguel, you should play this one. I'm sure you've used this before!"

"Maracas are originally Colombian, dumbass." Miguel replied. "We Ecuadorians are too smart for dumbass shit like that. And anyways, no way in hell you get to just shake maracas while I'm stuck singing AND playing guitar."

"What? Would you rather me do this?" Hawk asked, banging random, dissonant notes on the piano. They all winced at the horrendous sound.

"Miguel, just let him. It'll shut him up." Sam said. "I took piano lessons when I was younger..."

"Of course you did, princess." Hawk remarked, rolling his eyes. Sam glared at him.

"SO I'll help you out, Hawk, and I'll play the piano instead. You just shake your dumb maracas." She finished. Hawk nodded, gratefully.

"What should I do?" Demitri asked. "I don't know how to play any instrument. My 'instrument' that I chose at the beginning of the year was the tambourine."

"Just go with that." Sam said, throwing him a tambourine from the supply room. "We really don't have time to learn entirely new instruments. None of us are very good at music at all. If we get a D, we'd be so lucky."

"If we get a D, I'm throwing a party!" Hawk exclaimed.

"All right. So next thing we gotta sort out is what song we're singing. Anyone have any ideas?" Demitri asked.

"Please, NOTHING from the Lion King!" Miguel begged. "I had to stand on stage, motionless, for hours, dressed as a goddamn tree and I had to watch them sing the same stupid songs day after day! It's ironic the song's called Circle of Life when it made me want to kill myself!"

Everyone laughed and nodded.

"Okay. We hear you. Nothing from the Lion King." Sam laughed. "Let's everyone suggest a song, and if 3 people agree to it, we do it. If 2 people agree to it, we discuss it.