Chapter 25

Although Miguel wasn't doing well after the breakup, Sam wasn't doing well at all either. She didn't throw herself into training like he did though. She couldn't do that, because that would mean spending more time with her dad. Sam was fuming at him. She knew that their break up wasn't entirely his fault, he had certainly thrown a wrench in it. Who was he to beat up Miguel?! That made him no different to people like Kreese and Barnes, who he considered his enemies, and the villains of their storyline! Instead, Sam spent most of her time locked in her room, crying. She had basically pulled out of training - doing the bare minimum - and wasn't socialising with any of her friends.

Daniel and Amanda were worried about her. Whenever someone so much as even mentioned Miguel, Sam started to cry, and she wasn't eating much weather.

After hearing their daughter cry herself to sleep for the 8th night in a row, Daniel and Amanda sat down together in the living room.

"Okay, we have to do something!" Daniel exclaimed. "We can't just sit around and watch her do this to herself!"

Amanda sighed.

"Look, this is an extremely tough time for her. She really loved Miguel. Trust me, heartbreak is rough for teenage girls. The most we can do is just be there for her. She'll get over him, it just takes time."

"How could Miguel do this to her? What an asshole!" Daniel exclaimed. Amanda rolled her eyes.

"Right, because this is all his fault, right?" Amanda remarked, sarcastically. "NO! Daniel! Don't you get it? Don't you understand why your daughter is so upset?! This is your doing, you and Johnny! Your stupid rivalry has a splash damage effect, and they were just the unlucky people who were caught in the crossfire!"

"Yeah, you're right. This is my fault. I need to fix this." Daniel said, standing up but quickly getting pulled back down by Amanda.

"Daniel, stop! You're not doing anything! The only thing that heals a broken heart is time! And besides, I doubt your daughter, who is already furious about you interfering with her relationship, will appreciate you going over and confronting her ex!"

Daniel nodded and put his head in his hands. He knew his wife was right, but that didn't take away the frustration he felt. He wanted to help his daughter, anything to get him back in her good graces, but there was literally nothing he could do.

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

A couple of days later, Amanda was working in their house study late at night, when she heard footsteps walking towards her. She looked up from her laptop to see Sam standing in the doorway, tears streaked across her face.

"Mom." Sam whispered, tears rolling down her face. Amanda's eyes widened, and she rushed over to her daughter, wrapping her arms around her and comforting her.

"Shh. Shh. Sweetie, it's gonna be okay." Amanda whispered into Sam's ear soothingly.

"Why is this so hard?" Sam sobbed, hiccuping as she tried to talk. "I'm supposed to be a strong, independent woman. Why is getting over a guy so hard?"

"Because that's what heartbreak is. When you love someone and you have to let them go, it hurts, and that doesn't mean you're not an independent woman. It just means that you really cared about him. It's going to take time, but you will get over him, and you will be stronger when you come out the other side."

Sam nodded but her tears didn't subside any time soon. She kept crying and her mom held her as she cried. Daniel briefly walked past the office, and his heart broke when he saw his daughter in so much pain. This was all his fault, and he had to fix it!