Chapter 8

So that was that. Johnny was out of the team. He was done with them. Forever. The kids - well, the kid - who he loved and treated like his own son had betrayed him. For that Larusso girl no less. That family had ruined his life time and time again, and he was done with all of them. Screw them.

The next month was pretty awful for everyone. A dark cloud had been cast over the group. They knew that even with Johnny, their chances of winning the All-Valley was miniscule and without him, they were screwed. Despite his... interesting methods, he was undeniably a good sensei. He made his students faster, stronger, more agile.

His absence was, to nobody's shock, taken the hardest by Miguel. Johnny was like a father to him, and he had been a mentor for him for so long. Without Johnny, Miguel felt extremely lost. He didn't have anyone to help guide him. While Daniel tried hard to connect with Miguel and fill the hole that Sensei Lawrence had left, he knew that Miguel was nowhere near as open with him as he was with Johnny. Not that he was really surprised. After all, Daniel was, at the end of the day, just Miguel's karate sensei and his girlfriend's dad. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Thankfully, the one thing that was playing in their favor was that Cobra Kai had gone quiet again. The last thing they needed would be getting their asses whooped by Cobra Kai on top of everything else.

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Miguel parked his bicycle in the West Valley High car park and locked it, before grabbing his bag and walking into the school. His shoulders were slightly slumped in sadness, as they had been all the time since Johnny's departure. Sensei Lawrence always used to drive him to school, and it used to be one of the high points of his day.

As Miguel switched his books in his locker, he heard a knock on the locker next to him. Miguel looked up to see Hawk.

"What do you want, man?" Miguel sighed. Hawk noticed his friend's expression and he shook his head furiously.

"No! No! You have been sulking about Sensei for a month now! No more of this! This is like longer than you sulked about Sam! If I didn't know better, I think you and Sensei were sneaking a weird, secret relationship behind our backs."

Miguel glared at him and Hawk laughed.

"What? Too soon to joke?!" He asked. "Look, we're all going to go karting tonight..."

"Yeah, I know. Sam told me. I already said I'm not coming." Miguel snapped. Hawk shrugged.

"I don't care! I heard about this new outdoor go karting track in Fontana where the karts go 70 miles an hour. It's gonna be awesome!"

Miguel rolled his eyes.

"Pass." Miguel murmured.

"Nope. No pass. Either you come, or I kidnap you and get my boy tattoo 'Bitch' on your face..."

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

"Ayo. Robby!" Kyler said, walking over to Robby after training. Robby glared at him, still seething after Kyler's remarks in Coyote Creek.

"What?" Robby spat.

"I want to apologise. I said some shit at the Creek that wasn't cool." Kyler stammered.

"Yeah, fine, whatever." Robby snapped, not one for apologies.

"And I want to give you an olive branch." Kyler continued. "I know where Diaz and his group are right now. They're at CalSpeed go-karting."

Robby's face went from anger, to delight, to confusion in a matter of seconds as he took in what Kyler was telling him.

"Um... what? How do you know that?" He asked. Kyler grinned.