Chapter 46

"Any progress?" Miguel asked the next morning as he walked into Johnny's apartment and into the living room, where him and Robby were working. Because Robby was staying at Johnny's apartment, it made no sense for them to go all the way to Encino to work at the Larusso house to do exactly the same work they could do at home.

Miguel sat next to Robby, and the two poured over their laptops. They were in charge of researching Kreese's time in 'Nam but they weren't having that much luck.

Robby nodded at Miguel.

"Yeah, actually I've made a fair bit." Robby said. Miguel raised an eyebrow.

"Really? What you got?" Miguel asked, sitting next to him.

"Well... I managed to get a hold of all of the declassified information from Kreese's time in 'Nam." Robby said. Miguel's eyes widened.

"You did? How? Why did they disclose that information to you?" Miguel asked. Robby grinned.

"Well, you know how Kreese is technically, legally dead in their books? Apparently, even the military is kind of lenient towards young boys who never got to meet their action hero grandfather before he passed away. I just had to act out that lie for one email, and I got sent whatever I wanted."

Miguel laughed and clapped his hands.

"Respect, man. Mad respect." Miguel laughed. "All right. So I guess we just start diving into the files, right?"

Robby nodded.

"Yeah, let's do it. There's a shit ton though. Like at least 80 pages of stuff. We need a way to organise everything. Any ideas?" Robby said. Miguel nodded.

"Yeah, why don't we print all of the files out and we can make a physical timeline with them to organise them. Then, it'll be easier for us to go through each year."

Robby nodded.

"Great idea. Wow, it pays off to be working with a nerd for once." He remarked.

"Hey! Yo! Not cool!" Miguel snapped. Robby laughed.

"Trust me, it's a compliment. You should've seen my old friends Trey and Cruz. They make candles look intelligent."

Miguel laughed.

"Wow. They seem like... interesting guys." He replied. Robby chuckled and nodded.

"All right. Let's get to work..."

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

"All right, Tory, let's do this." Sam snapped, sitting beside Tory in the living room that afternoon. The two girls were ready to start working together, but the tension between them was so palpable that it could be cut with a knife. They hadn't sorted out their issues yet like Miguel and Robby had, and because of that, they couldn't work together very well.

"Okay, so where do we start?" Tory asked.

"Well, we're looking into his life immediately after 'Nam but before he opened Cobra Kai. Therefore, we need to figure out what he was doing, where he was living, anything we can about that period of time."

"Got it." Tory said. She then started to reach for her laptop that was on the living room table, and she noticed Sam flinch in fear as Tory moved closer to her to grab the computer.

Tory sighed in annoyance and glared at Sam.

"Seriously, Larusso?! For the last fucking time, I'm not gonna hurt you!" Tory spat. Sam sighed.

"I know. Look, I'm sorry. It's just, you spent the past year trying to kill me. You absolutely terrorised me. I can't just forget about that in an instant." Sam said. Tory stood up.