Chapter 31

Miguel graduated from sophomore year, ecstatic. He spent that night hanging out with Hawk, Sam and Demitri, but he was woken up the next morning when Johnny barged into his room.

"Miguel! Miguel! Miguel!" He exclaimed, panting for breath as he ran in. Miguel's eyes snapped open when he heard his sensei, and he glared at Johnny.

"Seriously? I was trying to sleep!" Miguel grumbled. Johnny rolled his eyes.

"It's 1 in the afternoon! Get your ass up and pack an overnight bag! I have a surprise for you! We're going to Vegas! I got us tickets to UFC Fight Night, to the McGregor vs. Khabib fight!"

Miguel shot out of bed at this point, his eyes wide.

"What?!" Miguel exclaimed. "What's the occasion?"

"Well, I could lie and say that it's a research trip to learn new moves for the All-Valley, but it's just for fun! It's your summer break! You've been through a lot this year! Lord knows you need a break! So here's what I have planned. I got us a deluxe room at the Bellagio. We explore Vegas this afternoon. Steak dinner tonight. Tomorrow we spend the day in the casino, and then at night, we go to the fight. How's that sound?"

"That... that sounds awesome! Thank you, Sensei!" Miguel exclaimed, running around the room and throwing together a duffel bag with enough clothes for a 1 night trip. Half an hour later, he was showered, packed and ready to leave. The two quickly walked out of the house and got into Johnny's car, setting sail for Vegas...

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

The drive to Vegas was about 4 hours long (of course, Johnny knew that already, having made the journey out a month ago), but it went by extremely quickly. Johnny and Miguel were talking passionately about the fight card they were about to see the next day. They were both massive fans of the UFC. They loved all of it - the trash talking, the passion, the fighting. It was their favourite sport to watch, and they watched every UFC event together.

Just as the sun was starting to set, they saw the infamous sign that read 'Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas', and Johnny rubbed his hands together in anticipation.

"Ahh Vegas. I haven't been here in years!" Johnny grinned. Miguel raised an eyebrow.

"Really? I would have thought this would be exactly your scene. You know, fights, gambling, alcohol."

"Yeah, Vegas rules, but it's also really expensive." Johnny replied. Miguel nodded and furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"Yeah, how did you pay for this by the way? Tickets to the fight alone, let alone everything else, cost 500 bucks each. It's not like either of us are loaded."

Johnny grinned and nodded.

"I just had to call in an IOU with a friend who now works pretty high up at the Bellagio. He's giving us everything free of charge, but the fight, which we are getting pretty discounted."

Miguel chuckled and nodded.

"Yeah, that makes more sense." He replied. Johnny laughed.

"Man I'm excited for this. I feel like we haven't seen each other outside of training for like two weeks!" Johnny remarked. Miguel's smile faded slightly, as if he was keeping something from Johnny, but as soon as it appeared, it disappeared before Johnny could see it.

"Yeah, I know, right?" Miguel remarked, before looking at the Google Maps app on his phone. "Turn right here."

Johnny shook his head.

"Nah, if we keep straight ahead, it'll get us to the Bellagio quicker." Johnny replied. Miguel shrugged and nodded, and Johnny kept straight. Moments later, they pulled up to the Bellagio. Miguel raised an eyebrow.