Chapter 17

After the fight, Sam and Miguel quickly left before security could get involved and hold them and they quickly drove off in Sam's car. Sam was dying to ask Miguel about what the hell had just happened, but she knew it wasn't the time. Miguel looked extremely worn. Getting into a fight that intense, on top of the fact that he hadn't slept in 3 days, had brought him to the brink of exhaustion. In fact, as Miguel sat in the passenger seat of Sam's car, before he could stop himself, he was dragged into yet another nightmare, this one not a flashback and completely a figment of his imagination...

"WAKE UP, BOY!" Miguel heard his father yell, and Miguel's eyes snapped open. This time, he was back in his old home in Ecuador, but his dad was sitting in the living room opposite him, chugging . Miguel and his dad stared daggers at each other for several moments, before Miguel looked down and saw that there was a gun next to him. His heart started beating faster and faster as Miguel picked up the gun and pointed it at his father.

The man, despite the fact that there was a gun pointed at him, merely chuckled and grinned.

"That a boy." His father slurred. "You should have done this a long time ago."

Miguel cocked the gun and aimed it, something he hated that his dad taught him how to do. His hand trembled as his finger curled around the trigger.

"Do it." His dad grinned. "Do the thing you really want to do. Or don't you have the guts? Do it!"

Suddenly, Miguel pulled the gun away from his father and pointed the barrel directly under his own chin, before firing the fatal shot...

Miguel jolted awake from the nightmare, accidentally jerking forward in the car. Sam watched him in alarm as Miguel panted for breath and slowly calmed himself from his nightmare. Once his breathing was back to normal, Miguel relaxed slightly and sat back, putting his head in his hands. His face was covered but Sam could see tears running down his face, and her heart broke for him.

"Bad dream? You were tossing around in your sleep." Sam murmured. Miguel sighed.

"I was? Sorry." He replied, gruffly.

"You wanna talk about it?" She asked, already knowing what he was about to answer.

"Not particularly." Miguel grumbled in reply. Suddenly, Sam screeched her car to a halt, throwing Miguel forward. He groaned in pain. "What the hell, Sam?" He muttered. He then looked out the window and furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. He had absolutely no idea where they were. Sam hadn't been driving home from Golf n' Stuff. Instead, she had driven into the hilly, less-populated parts of the city.

"Look, Miguel..." Sam started, closing her eyes and then opening them and turning to face him. "I love you. So much. You taught me what it's like to fully trust someone. How to love someone. I've opened up to you more than I've ever opened up to anyone in my life. But I can't do this anymore."

"You're dumping me?" Miguel murmured, not exactly surprised. He had been kind of a shitty boyfriend to her since his dad had come to town. Sam, who had tears rolling down her cheeks, nodded.

"Unless you tell me what's going on with you. Why you're having nightmares. Why you've been losing control. Wanting to join Cobra Kai. All of this anger... unless you talk to someone about it, it's going to eat you alive. Please talk to me."

"You don't get it." Miguel snapped and got out of the car, walking towards the edge of the massive hill they were standing on. Sam wasn't done though. She followed him out of the car.

"You're right! I don't! Because you aren't telling me what the hell's going on!"

"No, you don't get it! I want to tell you, but I fucking can't!" Miguel spat, a bit louder now. He had decided from the moment his dad had called him that he wouldn't tell Sam about it. If she knew, it would potentially put her at risk, and that was something Miguel would never do.