Chapter 35

"All right! The time has finally come to announce the matchups and the bracket for the quarter finals of this year's All-Valley!" Ron announced. The 8 fighters and their respective senseis all stood on the mat, waiting nervously to hear who they would be fighting.

"The first quarter final will be none other than the All Valley champ himself Eagle-Fang's Miguel Diaz against a first-time competitor, from Cobra Kai, Shawn Payne!"

Both Miguel and Johnny winced. After Robby, Shawn was probably the worst person Miguel could have drawn. Shawn was almost definitely on steroids or something. He had become insanely muscular in an extremely short period of time, his new build and height not dissimilar to that of Lebron James. Kreese and Shawn both leered at Johnny and Miguel, and Miguel closed his eyes, trying to stay calm but in reality, he was freaking out. Johnny put a hand on his shoulder.

"You got this." Johnny murmured to him. Miguel nodded.

"The next quarter final matchup..." Ron announced, opening a slip of paper. "Ooh, this one's going to be good! We have got our two remaining female competitors, Samantha Larusso from Miyagi-Do and Tory Nichols from Cobra Kai, the winner of whom taking on the winner of the Diaz vs. Payne fight in Semi Final 1!"

The Eagle-Fangs' jaws dropped and they all looked over at Sam and Daniel, whose faces had paled, and then looked at Tory, who looked extremely hungry for the fight. That was NOT going to be a clean fight.

Up in the stands, as soon as Amanda heard the matchup, she was about to stand up and object but she quickly felt herself pulled back by Carmen.

"Don't do it. You'll make it worse." Carmen whispered to her. Amanda shook her head, furiously.

"I can't let my daughter fight that monster!" Amanda exclaimed.

"There's nothing you can do. Don't worry. It's all very controlled. You've got a referee, 2 senseis from your dojo and 2 senseis from Miguel's that will step in if something is about to happen. Samantha's going to be fine."

Amanda took a deep calming breath and nodded.

"Yeah, you're right. It'll be fine." Amanda mumbled to herself, before turning her attention back to the mat.

"Those are the left half of the bracket. The first quarter final matchup of the right half of the bracket is... from Eagle-Fang dojo, one of last year's semi finalists, Hawk!"

Hawk nodded and looked on extremely nervously. There were three people he could be facing, and two of them are people that he had hoped he wouldn't have to fight until at least the semi finalists. Please let him draw Xander. That Topanga pussy was his best bet at making it to the semis. He knew that Robby was a better fighter than him, and he knew that fighting Kyler would bring back all of those freshman year bullying memories and possibly compromise his performance.

"Fighting against Hawk, from the Cobra Kai dojo, Kyler Seo!"

Hawk clenched his jaw in anger as he stared down at Kyler. Kyler's grin slightly faded when Hawk locked eyes with him. Hawk's beatdown of Brucks was still fresh in his mind.

"Leaving the final quarter final as Cobra Kai's last year's finalist Robby Keene, against Topenga's Karate Xander Stone, the winner of whom to fight the winner of Hawk against Kyler in Semi Final 2."

As each dojo took in their various matchups, one thing was clear: Kreese had clearly rigged the matchups in his favour! Why else would Sam, Hawk and Miguel be fighting the mentally and physically toughest opponents, while Robby took on an absolute wimp?!

"Okay, we're going to take a 10 minute break, but after that, Miguel Diaz and Shawn Payne are going to battle it out here on mat 1. See you in 10 minutes folks!"