𝙰 𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚔 𝙸'𝚖 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚎:

"You can't be upset just because I want to protect you, Stefani." You ran your fingers through your hair as you defended yourself while you and your girlfriend were in the middle of a heated argument.

"I appreciate that you want to protect me, but your being overly dramatic y/n! Nothings going to happen to me!" Stefani exclaimed, defending her point. "How do you know that? How? You just assume that because security's there that no ones going to try and put people in harms way even if they can't get inside?!" You raised your voice, turning to the woman.

"Your right, I don't know that, and yeah this comes with risks y/n. No one ever said having a career like this was easy, every time I go on stage it's risky." She told you, and while that was true, what she planned on doing was even more of a risk and you were not a fan of it.

On January 20th Stefani was set to perform the national anthem at Joe Biden's Inauguration and while you were glad that she had another opportunity to sing and do what she loves, you couldn't help but feel nervous knowing that a lot of things could go wrong considering that politics had been a rough topic this year for many people. And with the recent attack at the White House, lord knows what shit people would pull at this inauguration.

In all fairness, you had a right to be afraid.

"Yes I know Stefani, but this isn't a simple show. Your representing a political figure that people have tried to remove from the day that he got elected to be president. That man hasn't even stepped foot in office for a damn second and do you see what this stuff has caused? Of course I'm scared for you Stefani!" You snapped back at her, trying to get her to simply understand why you worried.

"I'm performing whether you like it or not y/n. And if you want to stay home, then so be it, I don't care at this point." She bluntly told you, careless at this point in time.

You could see she wasn't going to change her mind, you no longer saw a reason to keep fighting her. You were tired of trying to get one simple thing through her head, so you gave up.

"Alright, do what you want then." You sighed, shrugging your shoulders. "I'll see you after you get home from rehearsal." You walked towards Stefani, slightly kissing her cheek though you still remained upset with her.

Stefani didn't say anything in return, all she did was stare at the ground.

You then walked up the stairs and into your bedroom, ending the fight between the both of you.

You sat down on the large bed that rested up against the wall, pulling out your phone needing to talk to someone.

"Hey babe, what's up?" Your boy best friend, Spencer, answered the phone with a cheerful tone. Unintentionally, you sighed heavily, and that was enough to make Spencer concerned.

"Babe, what's wrong?" He asked you, his voice softened. "Stef and I got into a fight all because of the inauguration for Biden." You groaned, throwing yourself back on the mattress. "Oh no, what happened?" He asked you, clearly seeing that you wanted to vent. "Well, I'm just afraid and she doesn't get that. Of course I'm happy for her and everything, but a lot of things could go wrong, you know? But like I said, she doesn't get that. She basically said that she doesn't care if I come with her or not and even though I don't like it she's still going to do it." You explained, running your fingers through your hair angrily.

"Oh no, I'm sorry y/n. To be fair, you've got a really good and fair point, and you have every right to be afraid. You don't know what could happen, neither does she. But you've also just got to hope for the best no matter how afraid you are. Stefani sees your argument as you trying to take something away from her, and of course you aren't, but that's what she sees. And I think you and I can pretty much confirm that Stefani takes any and every chance that shes given to perform but now that your trying to talk her out of and opportunity she has, for her safety of course, she's not focusing on why, she just thinks your trying to take something from her due to the sudden anger and the heat of the argument. It sounds like you tried to tell her many times, but sometimes you can't force something into someones head babe. No matter how much you wish you could, you can't. I know you don't agree with this and it makes you nervous, but some times you have to just hold back and support the person as best as you can, kind of like being the bigger person. I know it's hard, I get it, and the fact that Stef doesn't understand makes it worse, but I promise when it's all over this will all go away. Just try your hardest to still show support even though you might find it difficult." Spencer told you, trying to give you best advice possible. He knew that you and Stefani rarely argued, but when you did, it tended to get a bit out on control and definitely took a mental toll on you.