𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚒𝚜 𝚊 𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚐𝚊𝚖𝚎:

In this breakup, your love for her remains, and though you both move in new spheres, following the challenges your futures bring, you hope she still feels that your love is still hers. But in this heartache the sun won't shine, birdsong passes as if the melody can't glide through the air as it once did before. You no longer wake up with a bright smile knowing that the love of your life gently holds you in her arms as slumber is still upon her.

Remembering how you looked at her the last time your eyes met still tore your heart in two. You looked at her like she was a stranger who had never been seen before.

You would forever wonder why she did what she did. But sadly those questions would never be answered. Just like your heart that would never be filled again.

Loving her was a losing game from the beginning,

And yet you failed to see that.

You woke up in your dark and empty, expensive condo that was located in New York. The large TV in your bedroom remained on from the night prior as the news reporter spoke quickly, sharing important news to the world.

This very dark world.

You lazily grabbed your phone off of the charger, checking the time as you groaned slightly.

10:26 am.

Your threw your phone on the bed, rubbing your eyes as you tried to wake yourself up. Your golden retriever, Cali, laid on your stomach, still half asleep. Your other two puppies, Coco and Carmela, who were your frenchies, both laid down on the edge of the bed. You pat Cali on the head, snuggling closer to her. You weakly smiled at her as you did. You knew that all 3 of yours dog adored Stefani and missed her very much. Seeing you without her quite clearly left the dogs quite upset and confused. Cali let out a small whine, "I miss her too." You whispered as if she could understand you. As if it was on cue, you heard a familiar name being mentioned on the screen.

"News sources say that Lady Gaga is supposedly moving on from her ex-girlfriend, y/n y/l/n, seeing that she was last seen coming back to New York once she finished her world tour on her Chromatic Era, hand in hand with a mysterious woman."

You couldn't hear anymore of it. You quickly turned off the tv, throwing the remote to the side. You looked over at Cali, "But that is clearly not a mutual feeling." You painfully laughed. Cali whined again as if she was trying to communicate with you, "Hey, she's happy. That's all I want for you." You shrugged as you spoke. Though you wanted her to be happy with you, you knew that it wasn't the case. You failed to make her happy, and she chose to find someone who could.

You were pulled out of your heavy thoughts once your phone started to loudly ring. You flinched from the sudden sound, quickly grabbing it to silence it as you answered the phone. "H-hello?" You said. You immediately knew the familiar voice that spoke, "Hey girly. How are you?" Asked your best friend, Becca. "Hey, I'm okay. How about you?" You asked.

You had been best friends with Becca ever since you two were babies. You had been through so much shit together that it was honestly crazy to think about how much you guys went through. You both came from pretty crappy childhoods, and even though it sucked, it somehow brought you both closer together. "I'm the best I can be right now. But how are you coping? I know news sources aren't making it any easier for you." Becca told you. "You saw it too?" You asked her, though it was more of an annoyed statement. "Yeah, I'm sorry about that. I know it's only been a month." She pitied you. "It's alright. I mean she's happy right?" You said. "I guess so. But from what I saw, she doesn't look as happy with her as she did with you." Becca honestly said. "She isn't like that. She doesn't just choose random people to fall in love with. She just isn't like that. She clearly loves the woman." You explained to your best friend. "I know, but I don't think someone can replace you. I bet you she knows that too." Becca expressed to you. "Anyhow, on a brighter note. My friends inviting me to a party and she wanted to know if you wanted to come as well. How about I pick you up and we go there to have a fun night? I think you need it." Becca offered you. You sighed, "I don't know Becca. I mean, people are always so wild at parties and I don't want to wind up waking up in a strangers bed the next day." You honestly answered. "I get it. I won't force you to do anything but I do think it'd be good for you." She told you. You knew that you didn't have to go if you didn't want to, but for some reason you were quite tempted too. "You know, I think I'll tag along." You told her. "Are you sure?" Becca asked you, letting you know that it was okay if you weren't up for it. "Yes. I mean, I think it's fair for me to loosen up a bit. Don't you think?" You amusingly asked. "Yes! That's my girl!" Becca yelled, making you laugh.