27 ✞ no

Those lips that he didn't get a chance to taste in the dream.

-

"What's inside of that room Mr.Kim?" Jungkook's voice snapped Taehyung out of his thoughts before they got worse.

Taehyung looked at Jungkook who was looking at him with curiosity all over his face. Taehyung knew what room he meant.

"None of your business." he spat dryly.

Jungkook frowned and continued, "Who was that thing trying to communicate with me-"

"Whatever it is that is in that room is no friend of yours. So stay away from it. Understand?" interrupted Taehyung quickly before the younger could continue talking.

He couldn't understand why he cared so much about Jungkook not meeting his father. I mean, isn't this what he wanted? Revenge from the angels? This was the perfect opportunity for him to take something important away from the angels, just like they did to him.

But, why did he felt the need to keep Jungkook away from his father?

Perhaps it was just because of the fact that he hated his father and didn't want anything to do with him. If he was going to get revenge, it was going to be by himself. Not with his father.

"Answer me. Do you understand?" repeated Taehyung after Jungkook's long silent pause.

Jungkook just couldn't understand. Why did he need to stay away from that thing that bad? Did it planned on harming him? Was it that bad? What even was it anyway?

But, if Taehyung was asking him so much to stay out of this room, and even the room itself, then he had no choice but to do as asked. Plus, by doing so maybe he could earn some of Taehyung's trust which is step one to becoming close to a person; earning their trust.

"Yes, I understand Mr. Kim" Jungkook said submissively.

"Good." Taehyung let out. Jungkook stood there looking at him quietly, just staring as him like a dog staring at its owner eat. Taehyung looked back at him, suddenly feeling awkwardness. "Well? Get lost." he said waiting for the boy to do something, leave, rather than keep being in his presence.

"No"

Taehyung furrowed his brows, annoyed. "No? I'm not asking you. I'm ordering you."

"No"

Jungkook just stood there refusing to leave. Taehyung scoffed loudly. The fact that someone was not obeying his orders disturbed him. He was used to having everyone do what he said. Have everything the way he pleased, when he pleased. No one ever dared to disobey him, or his father.

But Jungkook was showing the opposite, and it was driving Taehyung mad.

Perhaps he had to show him how to obey him.

Make him obey him.

"Listen carefully." With an aggressive movement Taehyung grabbed Jungkook by his shirt, pushing his face dangerously close to Jungkook's, making him flinch out of the sudden aggressiveness. "if you are going to 'stay here', you are to follow my rules." he said lowly, making sure the boy got every word. Eyes never leaving Jungkook's. "If not, you will learn to follow my rules. Mark my words."

With that, Taehyung harshly let go of his hold on Jungkook's shirt leaving it wrinkled. Jungkook, as always, remained quiet, looking at Taehyung with doe eyes. He was a little taken aback by Taehyung's sudden mood change, but of course not surprised.

What did he exactly mean by 'learn to follow my rules' ?

The thought intrigued Jungkook. Being honest, it was somewhat scary, but, exciting at the same time. All the things Taehyung could possibly do to him, from unfamiliar demon things to, other unfamiliar things, if that makes sense, excited him. It made him want to tease Taehyung more, just to see where this would take him.

Now, you may be wondering, since when has Jungkook started to think like this?

Well, given the circumstances of what was currently going on, he was slowly starting to realize what he, and others were. He's starting to realize that he was an individual himself, and that he wanted to explore and find out about his surroundings by himself. Without Namjoon or Jin always being there trying to protect him and treating him like a baby. Now that he was in hell, the opposite of his home, with opposite people, his desire to learn about these new beings were only growing stronger. He was maturing, mentally.

Don't get him wrong, he did love Namjoon and Jin. He loves them endlessly. They were the ones who had accepted him and treated him as their own. They were the ones who gave him food and shelter, and always looked out for him. His parents. They will forever hold a special place in his heart.

But right now, all he wanted was to be away from them— from all the things he knew, from home. He wanted to explore this 'new' world— to him— and see what it offered him.

Besides, the king himself, Taehyung, intrigued Jungkook. Something about him, something about his majestic being attracted Jungkook. Making him want to dive into him despite the fact that he knew little about him, or his powers, or his past. Something about Taehyung was just so interesting to him.

Getting more in depth, Taehyung's behavior provoked something inside Jungkook. Something he couldn't understand yet. Every time Taehyung would suddenly and aggressively grab him, get close to his face, demanding words lowly with dominance— something about that made Jungkook, nervous but, excited, as well. Like a tension growing within him. A tension he wasn't quite sure what it was about yet.

But he would soon discover.

A snap sound between Taehyung's pale fingers woke Jungkook up from his thoughts. "Did I not make myself clear? Out." repeated Taehyung at Jungkook. Jungkook away from him and continued to walk past him, towards the door, with his head lowered without saying a word.

Right before he was about to finally exit the room, he stopped by the door. His back facing Taehyung. He rose his head up and spoke softly, with a small smile on drawn on his lips, "But I'm not planning on following your orders anytime soon, Sir. Have a good one,"