30 ✞ i'm sorry

The next few days Jungkook stayed in his room. After conversing with Yoongi, he needed to be alone for a while.

He needed to take all this information in and process it carefully.

Now everything started making sense. Namjoon and Seokjin. Their fear of Jungkook interacting with a demon- it all made sense now. They were trying to protect Jungkook. They were scared that something would happen to him, just like his father.

He was the cause.

They had committed suicide to save themselves.

And they had abandoned him to save him.

From the demon king.

Jungkook felt inner rage. It was unjust. The life his father had was unjust. He lived his whole life scared and insecure, until he met his mother. Then when he felt something was worth living for there came demon king to destroy all of it. To take it away. And for what? For no absolute reason. Just out of pure cruelty.

Jungkook took a harsh breath and stormed out of his room.

Was that what Taehyung was up to? Hunt all the angels to death like his father? Hunt him to death?

but yet again... Taehyung had given him the option to leave, and so far he hadn't touched him. Why? Was it a trap? Was he waiting for Jungkook to fall completely into him so he could end him?

It didn't matter.

Jungkook's mind was blinded by rage that the thought that all this 'decent' acting Taehyung had been doing might be a mask didn't matter.

Remembering well the path, Jungkook hurried his way to what he remembered being Taehyung's room and bursted in.

Taehyung was buttoning up his black silk button up but immediately stopped with a frown when he saw Jungkook bursting in.

"What are you doing-"

"Your father"

"What?"

"It was your father, the reason my parents are dead."

Taehyung's frown couldn't get any worse at these words. Taehyung had heard about the past king, a.k.a his father, torturing a certain demon and its angel lover. But he didn't know those were Jungkook's parents. He was too young back then, a literal child.

But Taehyung did remember the screams and cries that he would hear from afar. Probably the cries of pain from the torture the king was giving Jungkook's father back then. All because he wanted to. Out of pure cruelty and selfishness. Because Jungkook's father never did anything to anger the king other than having an affair with an angel and not being a 'real' demon, according to him.

Taehyung did understand where this was coming from though. He did the same with Jung Hoseok- a demon that behaved the complete opposite. But unlike his father, he just kicked him out of his reign, instead of torturing him.

Taehyung turned back to was he was doing, unbothered. "Well, they're no longer alive. What's its matter?" he said coldly.

Jungkook stood dared staring at him unbelievably, "What's its matter? Your father tortured my father to death! Doesn't it bother you? Doesn't it bother you to know that he drove people to kill themselves?"

Taehyung let out a loud cold laugh, "Jungkook, that's what we do. We love to torture people. To have them scared. Hurt. Death is nothing to us." he said unbothered, with an aristocratic smirk.