22 ✞ taehyung

The three men walked down the empty path surrounded by leafless trees. The empty skies and quietness the atmosphere held was somewhat comforting.

Yoongi had suggested to go outside, away from the castle to speak about Taehyung, as Jungkook had asked for. This way the risk of Taehyung hearing the conversation was impossible.

"So..how was Mr. Kim like as a child?" Jungkook broke the silence as he faced Yoongi who was on his left, and Jimin on his right.

Yoongi looked up at the colorless sky, "He was a quiet kid. He would always have a straight face, and he was always alone." he started. "And- if he didn't like someone he would give them the dirtiest look ever" Yoongi stopped and chuckled, "but he was such a sweetheart when you actually got to know him." Yoongi said as Jungkook payed attention to him.

"I met him because my father was the king's bodyguard, who would be his father at that moment. We were both little boys. Between 5-6 years old. It was kind of odd that Taehyung liked me." Yoongi chuckled, "He usually never liked nobody and preferred to be alone. He didn't enjoy company. But somehow I managed to make him like me, and we became best friends. We would always be together playing, eating, or just doing any other activity. We were like brothers. He would always tell me everything, and so would I." Yoongi smiled as he seemed to be remembering past memories of him and his best friend.

Jungkook found himself smiling softly as he listened to Yoongi share his past.

"Why didn't you tell me about this," Jimin playfully fake-pouted. Yoongi looked at him confused, "I didn't think you were going to care about this- I mean why would you care about Taehyung's life as a kid" Yoongi said and Jimin giggled at his expression, "relaxxx I'm just teasing you, but you must to tell me everything even if I you think I don't care about it okay?" Jimin giggled and Yoongi rolled his eyes, a smile slowly appearing on his lips as well. Jungkook smiled.

"Anyways," Yoongi proceeded, "Besides of me and him always spending time together like two ordinary best friends would, it was not always bright fun days. There were some days Taehyung would look completely downhearted. He would look so empty, so broken, for a little boy. I wondered why was this. So one day I decided to ask him."

"are you okay Taehyungie?" Yoongi had asked his best friend as they sat outside in the front garden. The boy looked downhearted, lost on his own thoughts.

Out of nowhere, Taehyung turned to his best friend with an annoyed look, "it's not your business! leave me alone!" rudely snapped the younger to his best friend as he aggressively stood up and left stomping.

Yoongi, stood there taken aback at Taehyung's sudden rude behavior. He just asked if he was okay...

Taehyung was easy to piss off, but Yoongi knew this was not part of his usual behavior. Something was behind this change of mood.

Later that day, Yoongi found his best friend curled up on the floor, silently crying in the dark. He slowly approached him and just hugged his little body, which made Taehyung sob harder.

When Taehyung had calmed down, Yoongi asked him once again, "What's wrong Taehyungie?" It took a few long minutes for the younger to unburden. Between small sobs Taehyung explained to Yoongi about his mother's death and how this was making him feel.

Now it made sense to Yoongi. Now it made sense that ever since he met Taehyung he had never seen him with a mother. Now it made sense that he was always alone, not even with his father; he was too busy worrying about the power of being king.

Yoongi felt extremely bad for his best friend. His mother, whom he dearly loved, died when he was just three years old. It took Taehyung 2 years to confess this to Yoongi. Why would he keep something like that to himself? Although Yoongi wondered this, he knew part of the answer; it was something that Taehyung didn't want to be reminded of, it was something nobody would like to talk about. But Yoongi was glad that he had gathered bravery to tell him about this.