21 ✞ figure it out

Yoongi was roaming around the hallways when he spotted Jungkook walking out of the garden, alone.

" Kook what are you doing outside!" Yoongi quickly said in an almost whisper.

"Mr. Kim has told me to meet him in the garden- and he told me I'm free now" explained Jungkook briefly and Yoongi looked at him in an unreadable expression, "He- he set you free? Just like that?" asked Yoongi confused and the younger nodded. Jungkook was confused as well, but he wasn't complaining at all.

"So that means you're free to go back where you belong now?" Yoongi asked raising an eyebrow, Jungkook nodded, "I guess. But I-..I" stuttered Jungkook and Yoongi gave him a 'go ahead' look, waiting for him to get his words together.

"I..I don't wanna go back." said Jungkook. Yoongi looked at him and furrowed his brows, "Why? Don't you wanna go back home?" said Yoongi.

"I do I do.. of course, but I've spent my whole life up there. And everything here is so distinct- I want to learn more about this place" he admitted and Yoongi just listened.

"And.." continued Jungkook, "I want to get to know Mr. Kim more. I'm sure he's not evil."

Yoongi made a lil surprised face, "Are you serious?" he asked and Jungkook nodded.

He was the first person to say he wanted to get to know the king more. Interesting.

"Well, suit yourself I suppose?" said Yoongi unbothered. He didn't really care if Jungkook stayed, he wasn't a burden at all.

Jungkook nodded and gave him a small smile, "Plus I enjoy having you around!" he said. Yoongi chuckled softly and patted his head.

But changing topics, that was actually interesting. Taehyung setting one of his 'victims' free? Just like that? That was for sure odd. Almost all the people that fell under Taehyung's property, wether they're angel or demon, didn't always make it out alive. Taehyung would literally torture them till death.

And he wasn't doing all of this with Jungkook. Literally none of it. Why was this? Does Taehyung have an unknown attachment to the angel boy? An attachment he has yet to discover? Something he needed to find out himself?

Taehyung for sure was confused as well about his own behavior. He felt as if his body and mind were taking completely over him. He felt confused. He didn't know why he was acting like that towards Jungkook. It was as if his mind just couldn't treat him bad, couldn't cause him pain. He was too good.

Taehyung wasn't in love or liked the angel boy like that for sure, but his mind was starting to develop this unknown attachment towards him.

Everytime he wanted to harm or hurt the younger he just couldn't. It was as if all his madness was completely erased every time Jungkook was present.

It was as if he wanted to be nice to someone for once. And he didn't like that feeling. It made him feel out of control and weak.

But every time he felt this way, one of his mother's lasts words always come to his mind, "Y-you will be a g-great king. Don't l-let your p-power a-and a-ambition c-control over y-you, but l-love."

'But love'

and as soon as that phrase came back to his mind all his madness and bitterness disappears. Turning him completely soft and making him feel shitty about himself.

Because he knew he had failed what his mother had advised him. He knew he had let his power and pride control him. And not love. And he hated himself because of that.

And every time Jungkook was in Taehyung's presence, those words his mother said to him came to his mind. He made Taehyung feel, okay? He made him feel like there is good in him. And this is what confused Taehyung; Why does he make me feel this way? Why if I don't even know him?