Chapter 25: The Witch Brothers (kinda)

Basically a brother moment with Kol...
Cuz I can.
~~~~~~

"So your mother must be off her rocker after being reanimated," Mar says as she laid back on Henrik's bed. Her boyfriend was still getting an unsettling feeling since his mother's return. "Do you trust her?"

"No. Even I would think a little snap of Nik's neck is more than enough for killing and that's being subtle," Henrik expressed as he pulled off his blood-soaked long-sleeved shirt. "We'll have to wait and see if her intentions are true."

Sitting up straight, Marisol watched her shirtless boyfriend toss the soiled shirt into the burning fireplace. The two witches remained in silence, watching the fabric burn away. But she knew they had to inform their coven.

"Shouldn't we call the others?" Marisol asked gazing at him.

"We will have to wake him up ....but with my family in one place at the same time complicates things. A party is most likely to occur now that the rivalry between siblings has been put on hold with my mother return," Henrik explained walking away from the fireplace and grabbed a shirt off of the dresser. He turned towards his girlfriend who still had a questioning look on her face.

"Don't give me that look, Mar. Those from the Viking Age love to party," He says heading into the bathroom.

"Viking Weirdo."

"Ill-tempered witch." He shot back before shutting the door behind him.

~~~~~~~

When morning rose, the Mikaelson family were up and roaming the mansion to get themselves use to this time period to find out what they missed or just finding themselves a reason not to snap Klaus's neck.

"So little brother, who's your little friend?" Kol asked looking at Marisol as the two entered the main room.

"She's my girlfriend, Kol, so don't think about it. Marisol, this is Kol, the fun brother." Henrik introduced.

"Henrik talked bout you a lot, years ago," She tells Kol before turning to her boyfriend. "I've got to head out. Have to head back to New York before Alexia starts calling. I'll be back in a few days." Pecking his check, she heads to the door leave the two brothers.

"Try not to murder anyone while you're there, Mar!" Henrik calls out while the door shuts. The two brothers turned to each other but before Kol could gives out a snarky remark, he was stopped by his brother hand. In his hand was a ring of keys.

"Forgot something, Love?" Henrik says as the door reopens and Marisol walks back in with a pitiful look on her face.

"Forgot my keys." She nods. Walking over to the Mikaelson witch, she takes her keys back.

"You got yourself a looker, Little brother," Kol says.

~~~~~~~~

"Nice place," Kol says looking around Henrik's apartment.

"Thanks but Elijah was the one who bought it. Had to do some redecorating though didn't enjoy the overly modern look to it," Henrik admits as he pulled open the blinds. "Though I am sorry about the mess. Hadn't had much time to clean up with Elijah's plan and other things."

"So how exactly are you alive? You died over 1000 years ago," Kol questioned his baby brother.

"Let's just say some of those visitors of our villages weren't just normal traders. The ones that happened to stay longer than the others were the ones that brought me back. Pulled me back from the other side," Henrik explains. "I think it was around the time you guys fled from Mikael."

"Did you try to find us?" Kol watched him carefully as the witch picked up the scattered book from the floor to be put back on the shelves.

"Of course. But you guys were always running, it started to getting hard when vampires started to pop up around the world." Henrik explains. "But during that time, I've learned to harness my magic and master spells very well."

"So you've be traveling the world with them for centuries." Kol concludes.

"Yes. Though the true name of our coven is one that has outlived main that were formed turning our childhood. The Divine Circle," Henrik tells his brother. The last of the books were returned with a thump as it taps against the end of the shelf. "Technically, I'm should be considered an elder of the coven but is yet to be discussed."

"So from what you're saying not everyone in our coven can raise from the dead like you did last night," Kol pieces together.

"Exactly. And now that you say that, I just remember I need to take another dose before I die in some way," The witch says rushing to his bag that was laid on the couch. Kol continued to admire the potions, herbs, and dark objects that were still out on the table.

"Are these dark objects?" The former witch picks up a rather large knife from the table. Runes were etched into the blade with such fine carvings.

Henrik turns to his brother to see what he was talking about. Seeing the knife, the witch confirmed that its a dark object. "Just be careful with that, that knife if through will boomerang back to hit a target. Also some of those dark objects are stolen from other covens."

"Also I wouldn't touch that. Spent over 2 hours listening to the witches I'd burned centuries ago." Henrik advised, stopping Kol from touch a bone necklace that was displayed on a stand.

"So you dabbled with a bunch of covens and killed some along the way is that right?" Kol questioned placing the knife down on the table.

"I've spent over 4 centuries with my coven. A coven that can keep death away, it brings a challenge to those that want to live 'forever'." Henrik shaking up a closed vial of orange liquid in his hand. Uncovering the vial, the witch turns to his brother with the vial held up high. "But not everyone is meant for a life like that. Cheers."

Chugging the liquid down, Henrik grimaced at the taste as he swallowed. "The taste never gets any better."

"So that's the concoction that brings you back," Kol says very interested.

"Yes. Honestly no one enjoys the taste and I had to drink this twice in the last two days." Placing the vial in the sink, Henrik heats up some water to boil. "Want some tea?"

~~~~~~~~~

"What's going on?" Henrik asked. Both him and Kol finally returned back to the mansion to find their brothers and sister with their mother in the study.

"Henrik, Kol, you've finally made it back," Esther says.

"Quite rude not greet mother after she returned." Finn tells the two.

"Well, Finn, it's either a angering a short tempered girlfriend or a mother that's forgiving a controlling brother," Henrik states. "I rather not be on the wrong end of a knife."

"Enough. Why don't we discuss the details for tomorrow's evening's ball." Elijah saying putting a stop between his brother's feud.

"A Ball? Oh hell," Henrik cursed.

"Have a problem?"

"Not really but lately every party or dance I've been to ended with some sort of bloodshed," The witch boy explains to his oldest brother.

"There will be none of that allowed this time," Esther assures her youngest son. "And no more violence from either one of you during and after this event. I want us to live in peace here."

Esther looks at all her children when saying this but mostly looking at Kol and Klaus.

"Do you all understand?"

The two oldest agreed instantly followed by Rebekah. It took longer for the last three to agree to her terms. As Klaus finally agreed, Henrik had crossed his fingers behind his back out of his siblings and mother's sight. And then finally he and Kol agreed... sort of.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Honest lost my train of thought for this chapter
But did gain an idea for after the ball.