Chapter 11: Sacrifice

Sorry for the late update. I've just started community college and still adjusting. Plus it was kind of hard inputting Henrik into this chapter. Oh, in case you guys were wondering, Henrik, is going to speak in his natural English accent unless I state otherwise.

But I hope you still enjoy this chapter like the others.
~~~~

"You do know I find this very boring, Niklaus." The young Mikaelson tells his brother as he closed yet another book he had finished reading and carelessly dropped it to the floor. "I've read through every book in this vampire hunter's home and yet that Martin Witch is still learning that spell to break your curse."

"Well, I rather have someone else perform the spell than putting my baby brother at risk," The original states turning to his brother. Taking in the sight of the pile of books on the floor next to his brother's feet. "Going to clean that mess up?"

Henrik glared at his brother then snapped his fingers magically sending the books back onto the shelves. "Happy?"

"So what's going to happen while your witches are prepping your little sacrifice? Sitting by the fire, drinking a cup of tea with some biscuits," Henrik questions, raising an eyebrow as he sat on a chair's armrest. "I'm pretty sure the Salvatore's aren't going to let anything happen to their precious little, annoying doppelganger."

"I sent Mr. Saltzman to deliver a message to them. So if they want to live to see tomorrow, they'll just have to play by my rules. That simple," Klaus says sending a smirk at his little brother as he walked past him to the kitchen.

"You're that sure about that, Nik?" Henrik asked, turning to look at him. "The oldest, Damon. He's the stubborn one out of the two. I'm betting that out of anyone willing to save that silly girl, it'll be him."

"I was having a 50/50 guess on who was going to stop me," Klaus shrugs before his phone begins to ring. "Either way, they're not going to stop me."

Humming, Henrik pressed his lips together and gave his brother an unsure look while he answered his phone. When the call ended, Klaus stuck his phone back in his pocket and held a smirk.

"Judging by that look on your face, I take it that your witches got the vampire and werewolf sacrifices," Henrik states knowing his elder brother's faces.

Instead of answering his little brother, Klaus grabs a black jacket off a chair and tosses to him. "Since you're clearly bored sitting around, why don't we go down to the local pub for a drink."

"Finally. Out of this stuffy apartment that holds vampire-killing-weapons and a vampiric doppelganger," Henrik sighs in relief as he puts on his jacket and follows his older brother out.

~~~~~~

"Gentlemen? Why so glum?" Klaus asked walking over to Damon and Alaric with his younger brother, Henrik.

Damon looked away from the two in annoyance. "Klaus, I presume."

"In the flesh. Thanks for the loaner, mate," Klaus smirks.

"Any reason, why you stopped by." Damon stands up from his seat to face the Original.

"My brother tells me that you and your brother fancy my doppelganger," Klaus states. "Just thought I'd remind you not to do anything you'll regret."

Giving a fake laugh, Damon tries to persuade him to postpone the ritual. "I don't suppose I could talk you into a postponement, by any chance, huh?"

"You are kidding. He is kidding, right," Klaus asked with annoyance laced in his voice as he looks towards Alaric then his brother.

"No, not really," Alaric tells him.