Chapter 8: False Stone

Upon returning to his apartment, Henrik tossed his bag near the couch and laid down on it as he rubbed his face.

"Did you get the grimoires?" Henrik asked after hearing the clicking of heels on the wood floor.

"Most of them. The Martin's has too many for me to carry," A female voice says walking over to him. "I got the important ones out first. Though I have no idea where you're going to put them."

"As well as, the one that holds the spell to channel the power from dead witches?" Henrik asked and looked at the ceiling. "Marisol? Did you take the book?"

"No, not yet... Had to get Ash to bury Luka's body and leave a tombstone for him," Marisol says, pouring two glasses of whiskey. Walking over to him with the glasses, she hands him one. "What about you? How was the graveyard?"

"Miserable. If anyone was to channel their powers, that person would have to bend to their rules," Henrik says in a dull tone as he sits up and accepts the drink from Marisol.

"Why not let the Bennett witch deal with that consequence?" Marisol asked but it was more like suggesting that idea to him.

"Seriously? Coming from a witch that spent 600 years in a cursed mirror, are you psychotic?" Henrik says standing from his seat.

"We've been together for how long- 2 and half centuries. And you know full well about my stabbing tendencies. So I don't know am I?" Marisol says holding a poker face. "Besides if that Bennett Witch wants to channel the power of 100 dead witches to save that doppelganger, she'll have to deal with the consequences that come with it."

Henrik looks at her as he bits his lips before sighing. "Fine. Leave the remainder of those grimoires. It'll be less obvious that we've been there and if any of those books are taken."

Setting his finished glass down on the table, Henrik heads to his room whilst Marisol smirks in victory. "Get rid of that smirk, Mari!"

~~~~~

(I'm just going to skip the majority of episode 17 because it's mostly about Isobel and Elena.)

At the graveyard, Isobel stood in front of her grave with Elena after causing a scene at the Lockwoods' home and allowing Katherine to switch places with Elena and to get captured by one of Klaus's witches. She talked about the death of her human life until her phone rung.

"I have Kathrine but the moonstone she brought was a fake," Klaus's warlock says as he was at the foreclosed house Isobel was staying at.

"What? That's impossible."

"Well, it is. The 'moonstone' blackened after I touched it. And there's no way any amateur witch knows a spell that can create a duplicate," The warlock tells her. "I've already informed Klaus of the mishap, he said he'll take care of it later. Is the doppelganger safe?"

"Yes."

"Asked her about it, then let her go."

"Let her go?" Isobel questioned as she watches Elena pace around.

"Klaus has everything he needs for now. Your part is finished." The warlock tells her. "You did what he compelled you to do"

"I'm done?"

"You're done." He assures her before ending the call.

"Who was that?" Elena asked.

"I'm so sorry, Elena... But I must ask. How did were you able to create a fake moonstone?" Isobel asked.

"What do you mean? We never created a fake. Damon kept the moonstone hidden," Elena explains confused about what Isobel was talking about.

"The moonstone Katherine stole was a fake... But judging by your face, you never knew about it," Isobel says. "I'm sorry that I was such a disappointment to you."