Chapter 7: Burial Grounds

After daggering Elijah for the second time that night, Damon and Stefan had carried his body into their dungeon. Comforting Elena, Stefan watched as Damon searched through Elijah's jacket to finally find the moonstone.

"What do we have here? A little moonstone bar of soap," Damon says, holding the stone out. "I'll hold on to this."

"So that's it. I mean, as long as we keep the dagger in there, he stays dead." Elena says looking at the dead original.

"Pretty much," Damon assures her.

After demanding that things would go her way, Elena leaves the two brothers alone.

"Come on, 'Lijah, I've called you 4 bloody times already. Pick up the bloody phone," Henrik says leaving another voicemail to his brother.

"Henrik. We both know the likely outcome now since he left to find the doppelgänger," Marisol tells him as she was sitting down on the couch with an open grimoire on her lap. "Daggered and dead."

Henrik turned to her with a bothered look on his face. "There's a side of me that wants to believe you're wrong but then again that lovestruck vampire probably knew where she was and took the dagger with him."

"Vampires die if they use it on the originals," Marisol says, flipping a page.

"It was probably the doppelbitch, who daggered him, so annoying," Henrik concludes, ruffling his hair in annoyance and exhaustion. "I'm going to sleep. I'm not in the mood in looking for him."

"Are you now? Or is it you're out of serpents blood." Marisol says giving him a grin as she shut the book.

"We both know that I don't need serpents blood to find my family," Henrik tells her and throws a pillow at her. "You coming?"

"You don't seem worried that those lovestruck vampires and that doppelganger now have the moonstone in their possession," Marisol says remembering the little stone.

"Listen, love, there's no need to worry. No newbie witch can unspell a thousand-year-old talisman," Henrik assures her. "Plus I've already created a failsafe if anything happens."

"So, love, you coming?"

"I love it when you speak in that accent," Marisol smiles at him.

"You just love it when I call you 'love'," Henrik smirks and motions towards his room. "Come on. It's late."

~~~~~~

"Wait... When were you going to tell me that already got yourself enrolled?" Henrik questioned Marisol as they were got onto campus.

"If I had told you, it wouldn't have been a surprise," Marisol says arming her arm around his. "Besides I can't have other girls trying to get a chance with my man."

"Heh... Trust me, love. There's no other girl that is exquisite like you," Henrik says into her ear before speaking in an American accent. "But since we're on school grounds. We've got the doppelganger's merry band of supernaturals to deal with."

Henrik stops them as he sees one of the Salvatore brothers with the doppelganger getting out of a red car and points to them. 

"Want me to play with them?" Marisol asked, smiling to the older witch.

"Of course, love. Do befriend the witch of the group, Bonnie Bennett," Henrik says as they continue their way into the school. "From what I was told from Luka, Dr. Martin locked away her magic last night."

"So she'll be vulnerable. That'll defiantly get me in the circle. Lossing the ability to do magic after just grasping the reins will do a number to a witch," Marisol says before catching her eyes on a blonde vampire. "But why not the blonde vampire? She seems friendly."