Chapter 22: Who Will Break First?

I've done it.
I finished this chapter and half way done with the next.

So sorry for the long wait.
Would have posted this sooner but with Thanksgiving it had to be postponed.

Hopefully I'll get the next chapter in soon

~~~~~

"Something blocking me." Henrik growled after failing to find his siblings for the eighth time. A small stream of blood had made its way down his nose during his multiple attempts.

"How's about you eat something. You've lived long enough to know witchcraft is rather pathetic on an empty stomach," Marisol reminds the young Mikaelson as she placed a plate of food down in front of him. But the signs of annoyance and stress were still hindering the thousand year old witch. "And stressing over them won't help speed the process."

Henrik glanced up at the brunette reluctantly before letting out a heavy sigh. "Fine. But you're going to have to stir up a herb mixture for this headache of mine later."

"Deal. Plus it's not like Stefan can kill them. They're immortal and the only thing that could kill em is long gone and out of his reach," the witch says.

~~~~~

"You're wasting your time. It won't open." Stefan tells his brother who had been striking one of Klaus's coffins with a shovel.  "Did you bury the body?"

"Yeah. Any signs of our little hybrid buddies?" Damon said tossing the dented shovel to the side.

"Nope. Just the dead one." Stefan assures.

"All right, Klaus has six siblings. Rebekah is now with Klaus. There the use to be dead kid, Henrik, walking around with his stabby girlfriend, and one dead kid in the old world, which leaves Elijah and 2 other, 3 sleeping Originals, 4 coffins." Damon states looking at the coffin that wouldn't open. So who's in the locked box?"

"No idea. But whatever's in here,Bonnie seems to think will help us kill Klaus." Stefan explains. " so as soon as you can get this thing open, the sooner we'll know she's right."

"You'd think the spirits of a bunch of dead witches that can make a coffin invisible, that they'd figure out how to open one!" Damon says, yelling the last part out loudly. "Fine don't help."

"Other than Klaus, I'm worried about Henrik. He's not only centuries older than Bonnie, he has more magical knowledge than her." Stefan said. "But with the dead witches, they can keep him from finding the coffins. So the only thing that makes find these coffins pointless is Klaus's hybrid friends."

"They need to go away." He states as he turns to his brother.

"Oh, yeah, that's a great idea, Stefan. Why don't you just ask him to pack a bag and take a long vacation while you're at it?" Damon mocks. "How about you keep the peace? Don't draw attention to the very things that we're trying to hide."

"I'm not going to play defense when I have what Klaus wants. He does what I say or I dump his family to the bottom of the ocean." Stefan states.

"Then he kills you and everyone you know, like, I don't know, me." Damon reasons.

"No, he's bluffing. His family means more to him than anything else."

"Even if that is true, Henrik and his little girlfriend will. You said it yourself, Henrik is more powerful and has more magical knowledge than Bonnie." Damon continues. "So he has an arsenal of spells that he can use against us, that can either make us suffer for a long while of end us quickly."

"Then I'll just have to test Klaus's bluff and see if he breaks," Stefan says.

"Whoa. The only way to call someone's bluff, Stefan, is to be willing to lose everything if you're wrong." Damon warns his younger brother as he watches him leave.

~~~~~~~~~

"Bloody hell, Mar. We've watched two relationships sadly crumble under my big brother's rain of terror, can we go now?" Henrik whines as leaned against his girlfriend's impala.

"Nah. It's entertaining to watch em suffer. One separates under compulsion while the other crumbles from where one's loyalties lies," She says as she watches Caroline and Tyler chat a few feet away.

"Mar, that's just weird." Henrik tells her, giving her a rather concerned look. "I get were centuries old but this shouldn't really be our problem. I rather find my family than deal with these kids."

"Hey, relax. Everything will be fine. You'll get your brothers back, eventually. Trust me, either your brother or Stefan will break and they'll be returned," Marisol said.

"Question is who will break first. Stefan, the vampire without any humanity. Or my brother, the hybrid with too many emotional issues." Henrik sighs. "If Stefan doesn't break, Klaus continues his reckless behavior until he spirals out control killing everyone Stefan knows. Or else Stefan's going to most likely going to start killing hybrids."

"When there's a Mikaelson, death always follows." Marisol says with a small smirk on her face.

"Rather you not say it like that," The Mikaelson witch heavily sighs. "Come on. Let's go, I think the mayor is going to have a party tonight."

~~~~~~

"So you broke? Should have just let him keep going." Henrik smirked playfully at his big brother.

Sitting in his big brother's only finished room in the still renovating mansion, he had listen to his brother's last night tale of Stefan's threat to turn Elena if his hybrids weren't out of Mystic Falls.

"It isn't any bit hilarious, Henrik." Klaus hissed and his chuckling baby brother.

"N-no. It isn't but you were both testing each other's limits. You broke before he did. Even if his humanity switch is off, you and I both know one can still break and flip the switch." Henrik states after stopping himself from laughing. "Anyway, I may have an idea of where Stefan could have our dear brothers but I haven't confirmed it... yet."

"Why's that?"

"Old witch magic. Group of witches. It's a roll of dice of what it could be, Niklaus. But... I can narrow it down if... The little Bennett witch is out of the picture. Not dead, don't need Stefan to be on red alert." Henrik suggests. "But then again with Stefan around, he'll be on consistent alert about me. So distract him and keep the nosy witch from working her ju-ju. What do you say, big brother?"

"I'll see what I can do with my limited resources," Klaus nods and walks off.

"Thanks you, Nik." Henrik calls out.

~~~~

The Mikaelson Family reunion is soon going to happen. Yas!!!